PICTURED: Official Shots of PS3 Slim

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
still no hulu cause Sony claims it will hurt their sells on the Sony Video Store unless hulu shares ad-revenue with them...

no hulu, no netflix... face it, PS3 slim is still a PS3... useless other than to play blu-ray movies.

tosvus

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
+ larger HD
+ smaller/formfactor formfactor
+ less energy waste

- No PS2 games compatibility
- No memory card slots (the 40GB version today does not have this either)

Some people regard the older design to be more esthetic, but perhaps some like the new one better?

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
As long as the smaller size doesn't end up trapping heat I'm good with it.

+Actual buttons (I hate the capacitive buttons on the current PS3, mine don't work half the time)
+Smaller footprint
-Matte Black case (Personal preference, I like the gloss black case on the current PS3)

? Hardware quality, I heard rumors they opted for a cheaper quality Blu-ray drive to cut costs.

G

the harddrive door is front lower right. it is still user-removable.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]Soldier37[/nom]It's the same specs same hardware runs a little cooler and $299 price. Don't know shy so many want this it's not that much thinner and has the same specs games will look the same. Maybe more people will stop whining about oh the price is too high blah blah. If you want what every Joe blo has then get the cheaper crapbox or gay wii.[/citation]

The reason why I want it (and many may not know this) is because it's cheaper then 99% of the blueray players currently on the market> but it doesn't stop there, it plays mp3's, dvd's, avi's, etc. Compared to most bluerays that still don't play multi-format video or music. And on top of it all it's a gaming console :) Oh yeah did I forget to mention it has HDMI, 5.1DD output, etc. Like someone mentioned it's not what it looks like that matters but whats on the inside ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.