Pink vertical lines running through screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraHoffmann

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
Hi,

So just recently there has been vertical pink lines running through my laptop screen. When I move the screen a certain way (sometimes) it goes back to normal. but the lines and discolouring is worse and it's not going back to normal. I've disconnected the cable from the screen and reconnected it but there is no change. Is it the LED screen or cable? Will replacing either help? Or what can I do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the GPU as well, connect an external monitor and observe if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the external monitor will work normally that means your GPU is working.
- I would suggest to start with the LCD cable since it's cheaper and chances are it's just a cable problem since you did mentioned that there was one time that when you move the screen it would display normal.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the GPU as well, connect an external monitor and observe if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the external monitor will work normally that means your GPU is working.
- I would suggest to start with the LCD cable since it's cheaper and chances are it's just a cable problem since you did mentioned that there was one time that when you move the screen it would display normal.

Solution

donwoot7

Great
Nov 8, 2018

donwoot7

Great
Nov 8, 2018
my answer is simple take credit card or a plastic card and very gentle touch it on the bottom and the lines should go away i had that same problem too and it worked good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.