Pinnacle Studio 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

putts832

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
Pinnacle (or Corel) is coming out with Studio 17. I am using Avid Studio now. They state that you can render 10x faster with 64bit with Studio 17. I think they mean a OS like W7 with 64bit??? I thought that the most important thing for rendering was the CPU, then memory and then the video card. I am just wondering how they can increase rendering by 10x when the software is only 32 bit?? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how this works??
FYI
I have a intel i7 CPU with a Z77 MB and 16Gb's or ram. My OS is on a SSD and my rendering disk is a WD VR 1T at 10000 rpms. The video card is a Radeon HD 7770 1Gb 128bit.

Solution
Pinnacle Studio 17
"•See results sooner with up to 10x faster video rendering*
*When editing AVC (H.264) video format and producing video in the same format."
"•Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows® Vista® (SP2) (64-bit OS recommended)"
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/studio/standard/

I may be way off on this but from what I have read a 32-bit program on a 32-bit OS can access 2GB of RAM where as the same program on a 64-bit OS can access up to 4GB of RAM if the program has the "Large Address Aware" flag set.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262792-30-programs-access
Pinnacle Studio 17
"•See results sooner with up to 10x faster video rendering*
*When editing AVC (H.264) video format and producing video in the same format."
"•Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows® Vista® (SP2) (64-bit OS recommended)"
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/studio/standard/

I may be way off on this but from what I have read a 32-bit program on a 32-bit OS can access 2GB of RAM where as the same program on a 64-bit OS can access up to 4GB of RAM if the program has the "Large Address Aware" flag set.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262792-30-programs-access

Solution

putts832

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

Your right on that part. I am running W7 Pro 64bit OS. So how can they say something like 10x faster. The rendering uses the CPU and memory and sometime the video memory. So I was just wondering if they are pulling peoples legs when they say that??? From what I read the only way Studio 7 could improve rendering speed was if they made the software 64bit and not 32bit. And I don't think Corel will spend that much money to do this. So improved rendering would have to come with your system and not their software. I did try using a 128Gb SSD that I have around for rendering a short home movie and that was faster then my HDD. But they say using a SSD for rendering shortens the life span?? Oh well thanks for your time and help.

It appears as though it is only 10x faster when editing AVC (H.264) video and producing the video in the same format. It doesn't look as though it will be 10x faster with other video formats. As far as the rendering part and SSDs I guess I will find out in due time. However, when I export a file I save it on a disk other than the OS disk. I have a three disk setup, one for the OS and software installs, one for project files and assets, and a third that I export videos to. Only the OS drive is an SSD.

putts832

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

I think you are right as far as H.264 recording and editing. Now comes the hard part is it worth it to spend $90 for a upgrade when there isn't much to gain. Avid Studio is pretty solid and does everything 17 can do. Just the fact that there isn't any customer service with Avid.

It nice to see someone else has their computer set up like I have mine. I have always wondered if my set up was the way to go.

Again thanks for you input.

Events Media

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014
Guys we have to stob buying this softwere , they lie with speed with all , is not working at all , full with bugs , always need uplods to fix something and the speed of rendering is the worsed crap ever .

Guys , few of the craps of this sotwere

Once u start export and in case it crash u do not find whatever u render so far
applying effect from knol light will block ur computer and can corrupt ur project
Rendering is terrible and worsed i ever seen
Transitions somtime will no apply
modjo not apply

There so many that really it will take to long to explain them .

Take the crap out and start using
ADOBE
EDIUS
AFTER EFFECTS
So manny that are much better and not like this crap !!!

I had it on my computer , i render after 2 hr a file of 4 minutes it crash , whatever was rendered so far , disapeared so u can imagine how u fill whn u need to move fast !

Status
Not open for further replies.