Pioneer CLD-V820 Repair?

sethbramwell

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
I recently obtained a Pioneer CLD-V820 from a thrift store after checking it to find the tray was jammed. It appeared to be off it's track, and I bought it to see if I could open it and repair it.

Upon opening the case, I found that the plastic piece that guides the tray was broken, likely from the unit being dropped. My question is if anyone thinks it's feasible to epoxy the broken piece back to the rest of the piece. As far as I can tell, the tray would work as normal if this piece were intact, as I have been able to make it open by fiddling with this piece with the cover open.

UPDATE: Picture: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-WlMFkDCmSXdkNLVThyUlBmQWM (Sorry, was having issues before) The rest of the broken piece was inside the housing. It broke at two points.

Thoughts please?

So sorry, the picture doesn't show enough. Is like you telling me the car doesn't run and show me a picture of the car. For sure you need to be able to disassemble the entire piece, attempt to glue it and cure it properly, maybe strengthen with additional metal parts and re-assemble it back. Trying to repair in-place, am betting 99% it won't work. I hope you have a maintenance manual for this specific item in front of you, because they need to be disassembled in a precise prescribed order.

sethbramwell

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

I understand. I have already disassembled the piece and am attempting to repair it now. I did make sure to note the order in which I removed the pieces as I do not have the manual. I will reassemble when the pieces have cured and I suppose I will just see if the epoxy is strong enough. Honestly, this is a back up system for me, as I have a better Pioneer for my main system, so I will not lose a lot of sleep if it does not work. I just thought I'd ask for opinions.

As I said, I am 99% sure this is the main issue, as all other motors and pieces appear to be functioning properly. What kind of pictures/details would be more helpful?