Question Pioneer VSX-LX302 Amp diag after reset

Mar 30, 2020
Hi Folks

Need some assistance here. I have a brand new Pioneer VSX-LX302, was working great right out of the box for a day. The next day I was adding some HDMI sources and one of the HDMI cables touched the rear of the receiver and it shut off and went into amp diag mode. It never came out of that mode and it was suggested by Pioneer (after troubleshooting) I take it to an authorized Pioneer dealer to have repaired. That was a year ago and I needed an AVR asap for my new basement buildout so I packed it back in the box and bought a new Denon. Now I'd like to fix this. Does anyone have a schematic or can tell me what to look at first? I am not an electronics guru but I can solder and test parts to see what it needs. Any help appreciated!

Mar 30, 2020
Thanks for the reply. It was under warranty when it happened, which is why Pioneer told me to send it to an authorized repair center and see if its feasible to repair with the caveat that most times it costs more to repair then it is worth. However it's irrelevant at this point because I would like to find out how to repair myself or what to look for to try and troubleshoot. Yes everything was unplugged and powered back on and still amp diag.

Edit: Further info on the screen when powered on:

NG:LCRSLSRBLBR

When I press enter to see what caused it, it displays DET.PROTECT :V

A quick search says that means "dc detected".

What to look for next? I am guessing there is a resistor or something that blew when the HDMI cable touched the chassis. I do not think anything else is blown. Just need a schematic or someone to identify which part that is.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020
Yes.. it has been cleared but goes right back. I need someone with access to the schematic of the protection circuit or someone that knows what to test to see what needs to be replaced. I am pretty certain it's just a resistor in the dc protection circuit but I do not know where to even start.

Mar 30, 2020
The firmware cannot be updated, nothing can be done on the receiver when it is in amp diag mode, it has no functions other then the display to tell you it's in that mode and a certain press of certain keys to clear it. It then restarts and does the same thing.