PIPA Co-Sponsor Admits Bill Went Too Far (His Son Told Him)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
There's still hope so long has someone is willing to be vocal. To bad it usually takes someone close to us to, in this case, shake us and make us see.

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]MPAA boss Chris Nodd acknowledged that new wording needs to take placeYou can't polish a turd.[/citation]

Agreed. Chris DODD makes me ashamed to be a CT resident. He claimed he would never become a lobbyist, and within a year of that statement he accepted the job as a head honcho at the MPAA? I'm not sure if he would admit he lied to millions of people, or if he has some sort of lame justification.

Eughhh.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]MPAA boss Chris Nodd acknowledged that new wording needs to take placeYou can't polish a turd.[/citation]
LOL! Shhh! Chris Nodd might hear you, and in hearing you, it might totally shatter his reality.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]It's just empty political grandstanding hoping it might be more popular if it helps American jobs and families.[/citation]
Personally, I don't think it is even that. It is politicians pretending that they are doing something positive for the country while accomplishing absolutely nothing productive. In my opinion, this congress and its do nothing but pretend to be doing valuable things is a total shame.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]sarezar[/nom]Music and movie industries need to evolve. It's way overdue now. They can't keep distributing their products in the exact same way they did in the 19th and 20th century. People have discovered new and better ways to enjoy their entertainment. The industries need to evolve and adapt around these new ways, not forbid. They can't expect things to stay the same forever...[/citation]
+1 for you. Very, very well put, IMHO.

G

"His comments arrive after the U.S. Chamber of Commerce released a study on Wednesday indicating that industries depending on IP rights account for more than $5 trillion of the country's gross domestic product (GDP). The country's total GDP is about $14.6 trillion."

Seriously? This is obviously a lie. How can anyone believe this? They are obviously manipulating the numbers by saying that clothing manufacturers, cotton producers, and even fast food organizations are included in this total. They try to make people think that it is the movie and music industries contributing when that is far from the case.

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
We need to get the money out of politics. I can't believe they think rewording it is going to fix it.

What they should have said is "America is not ready for a complete erosion of their rights, so we need to chip away at this in baby steps in order for this pill to get swollowed."

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
the only part of pipa i liked was the part where american idol would be taken down, sued, and every one involved went to jail where i think they belong.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar is a communist thinking so called democrat who backs everything obama wants. everybody knew this before she was elected and they still elected her.
Sen. Michelle Bachman...... . a republican religious zealot.
the best thing i can say is they negate each other, the worst, they are the two prime examples of the greatest evils in america's government : the republicans and the democrats, both are like transformers, they do not appear to be what meets the eye and are all working on the decepticons side of totalitarian rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.