Solved! Planing to purchase "Apple MacBook Pro"

Johnanna

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I am using IBM R50E since long and still love this machine but now it become old and having lot of issues so finally i have decided to give him a rest and hands on some decent machine. After last 2 months analysis i finally stopped at Apple MacBook Pro it is the best reviewed machine and people love this machine due to performance, power and connectivity.

Apple Macbook comes with Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz RAM 2 GB HDD 160 GB DVD ± RW (± R DL) GF 9400M Gigabit Ethernet WLAN: 802.11 a / b / g / n (draft), Bluetooth 2.1 EDR MacOS X 10.6 13.3 "Widescreen TFT 1280 x 800 (WXGA) camera. I found pricerunner.dk the best place where i can found the product reviews and vendor prices. Finalizing the online deal of Apple MacBook Pro from getmore and need advise from you guys if you can tell me any other store where i get this machine cheaper in Denmark.

Solution
Apple tends to control discounts very well, you won't find too much of a major difference in machine prices unless they are end of life. As suggested the best way to go is an educational discount, even though it may only slightly beat some online prices. Generally speaking there is no competition for the OS X market, since there is only one manufacturer so price variations are fairly slight as a percentage.

I assume you are comfortable with the shift to Mac OS, and that any applications you need will run under it? If not budget for a copy of Windows to run side by side with OS X.

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
I'm not sure about what store is cheaper but if you have someone in your family who is a teacher you can get them to buy it and get an educational discount. It's not huge but will help knock off a few 100.00

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Apple tends to control discounts very well, you won't find too much of a major difference in machine prices unless they are end of life. As suggested the best way to go is an educational discount, even though it may only slightly beat some online prices. Generally speaking there is no competition for the OS X market, since there is only one manufacturer so price variations are fairly slight as a percentage.

I assume you are comfortable with the shift to Mac OS, and that any applications you need will run under it? If not budget for a copy of Windows to run side by side with OS X.

Solution