Planning on buying a Laptop. Is this a good laptop for the price?

Daemous

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/RTG-MSI-GE60-Apache-Gaming-Laptop

Basically in essence, is this computer a good deal for the hardware a.k.a, "bang for the buck"(assumming you don't change the default preseleted features or at least only select additional choices that are available at no additional cost(+$0 to the base price) to the base configuration of the laptop)?

Also could anyone list some games this computer can run as an example to the maximum capability of this laptop? Usually I like to have an idea of what kind of games I can expect a certain computer to ba able to run(the maximum potential) before I make a decision to consider as a potential canidate to purchase or just another laptop that is too weak for my needs.

Solution
I wouldn't by anything, including light bulbs, from iBuypower or CyberpowerPC. More often than not what you receive doesn't work, isn't configured correctly and has have the OS reinstalled or you can't get ANY assistance that's worthwhile from their customer support department. You're much better off buying an MSI, ASUS or Lenovo product directly from the manufacturer or through a reputable vendor like Newegg or Amazon that at least USUALLY takes decent care of their customers if there is an issue.
I wouldn't by anything, including light bulbs, from iBuypower or CyberpowerPC. More often than not what you receive doesn't work, isn't configured correctly and has have the OS reinstalled or you can't get ANY assistance that's worthwhile from their customer support department. You're much better off buying an MSI, ASUS or Lenovo product directly from the manufacturer or through a reputable vendor like Newegg or Amazon that at least USUALLY takes decent care of their customers if there is an issue.

Solution

Daemous

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015

Okay then...what games(max potential) do you expect to see up and running on your two "better" laptops you have there? New egg was going to be a top choice to seach from, since I know Newegg is great for computer components and stuff, just not too familiar with buying full PC's/laptops from there.

Daemous

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015

I was thinking about something around $1000, with $1200 as a base maximum price(that is if the price can match my needs). If $1200 isn't suffice, I think $1400 would be my final maximum price I am willing to go for. The thing is I am trying to save up for a laptop(don't have the money yet but I'm saving) that can basically do the following: Play most games currently out especially ones recently released(if possible), be able to install more than one hard drive on the laptop(planning on installing a Linux installation alongside the preinstalled OS that will come with the machine) and be able to run most games within a Windows VM within Linux(so I won't have to keep booting from Linux into Windows and vice versa), and something that isn't going to be "outdated" shortly after purchased when new games come out.

Am I being a bit unrealistic or not? I'm just trying to look for a laptop that gives the most for the price range.

Sounds like you need a desktop more than a laptop. Are you sure a laptop is the best option? Is mobility a necessity? Laptops with multiple drive bays are the exception and expensive. You can always ditch the optical drive and install a drive adapter in that bay though, if the optical drive isn't needed. That's usually the best way to go. I'll see what I can find but for what you want to do a desktop would certainly be more suitable. I understand if you need portability though as well.