Playing 4 channel audio from smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylineivan

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Are there currently any products (or combination of products) out there that will allow me to play music/audio from a smartphone or tablet (from the 1 headphone jack) and have it sent out to 4 discrete, mono outputs?

What it boils down to is this. I want to produce my album and mix it down to 4 channels (instead of the usual 2). I then want the owner of an iphone or android phone (or even a tablet) to be able to play my multichannel audio from their phone into their 4 speaker setup.

I am looking for an affordable option if that is even possible?

I found this but not sure if i am even close?

http://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-2x4

Respectfully,
--Ivan

Most newer phones support hdmi and surround Audio over tthat. And besides a headphone jack is 2 channel so you won't get 4 channel out of it anyhow anyway.

And why bother doing 4 channels. What is the prpurpose of thst. Do 5.1and have a sub channel.

But also make it sound good in stereo. Not everyone has surround and even less.people will have only 4 speakers

skylineivan

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
I am targeting 4 channels because I am trying to develop a 4 speaker system designed to help autistic children. There is a scientific reason behind why we are using 4, and only 4 channels.

So it sounds like my best bet is to NOT use the headphone jack and rather, use an HDMI connection which will then allow me to have multi channel separation?

Status
Not open for further replies.