PlayStation Android Phone Gets Benchmarked

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If I had to point to Androids weakness I would say games as Apple has done a great job of getting premiere devs onto their platform and Microsoft looks to be pulling in XBLA devs onto their phone platform.

But if the games for this Playstation phone will run on any Android device with the hardware for it, then Android just got a huge win that will help it become and stay the dominant smart phone OS.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Very neat. I think if anyone could compete with the Apple's iPhone it would be Sony.
I am sort of iffy on its design though. It looks nice but I am skeptical about its gaming quality.

Also Jane posting this at 1AM?! Go to bed!

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Very neat. I think if anyone could compete with the Apple's iPhone it would be Sony.I am sort of iffy on its design though. It looks nice but I am skeptical about its gaming quality.Also Jane posting this at 1AM?! Go to bed![/citation]

It's my dedication to you guys that keeps me up so late!!

*clangs chains*

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I was unaware Foxconn bought BestOfMedia.[/citation]

Ah no, I'm only messing about! I'm actually not doing any REAL work. Just checking comments, banning spammers, sweeping the dust under the rug... the usual. : ) Marcus actually posted this!

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]*clangs chains*[/citation]
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]It's my dedication to you guys that keeps me up so late!!*clangs chains*[/citation]Really wondering now what happens in those offices over there!..... :whistle:

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
DA SPAMMERS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They really are being a pain these days. I don't envy you guys having to clean them up.

And the phone is ok. I doubt its a PSP phone. Its more like a phone with a PlayStation controller which will put it above in a lot of games. That or it will end up like the N-Gage.....

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Yes we are all disappointed in the fps results but remember this is likely a prototype.

[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Ah no, I'm only messing about! I'm actually not doing any REAL work. Just checking comments, banning spammers, sweeping the dust under the rug... the usual. : ) Marcus actually posted this![/citation]

This only begs the question if you two were in the office together at 1AM together and why...
And if your not in the office and are working at home then I take it both of you "working" at
1AM at the same time to be unlikely so whom is visiting whom's home at 1AM?
Better yet don't answer that as it likely leads to breaking company policy.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I'm not too worried about those benchmarks.
The PSPhone's only going to be playing PSP1 games.

My guess is that benchmarking program simulates graphics far greater than that of PSP1.
It should be able to simulate 5-year old handheld hardware okay..

Status
Not open for further replies.