PlayStation Boss Kazuo Hirai to Become Sony Corp President

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
As of April 1, 2012, Sony's current Executive Deputy President and Chairman of its Computer Entertainment (SCE) arm...Kazuo Hirai will serve as President and CEO of Sony Corporation.
Oh, btw President Hirai...APRIL FOOLS!!!

win7guru

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Really after all the failure Playstation had in 2011 this idiot is getting a promotion? In other news Sony's stocks fell to all time lows.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Does that mean he will take the blame when Sony fail to produce a new console while Nintendo and Microsoft rake in billions on their new offerings?

Unless he has been gestating the worlds best kept secret (not likely) and they have a super-duper Playstation 4 about to explode on the market with vitrual-reality holodeck games it is all going to go very wrong for this guy in the next 2 years.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
sony's PS3 and PSN are the best on the market. free to play online games, better pay to watch movies and shows, bigger HD, better graphics. i had a 360 for 3 years (still have it) but for a media player and game console PS3 is better. i grew tired of shelling out 50-60$ every year just to play games i bought.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Does that mean he will take the blame when Sony fail to produce a new console while Nintendo and Microsoft rake in billions on their new offerings?Unless he has been gestating the worlds best kept secret (not likely) and they have a super-duper Playstation 4 about to explode on the market with vitrual-reality holodeck games it is all going to go very wrong for this guy in the next 2 years.[/citation]

No because that will of course cost way, way too much and people will of course do nothing but complain like last time. He's in a tough position but he's got as good a chance as anyone to turn things around for them.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Sony's core businesses are facing tough competition from the likes of samsung and microsoft. i like sony products though they cost more. Sony seems to lack innovative products lately.

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]Sony's core businesses are facing tough competition from the likes of samsung and microsoft. i like sony products though they cost more. Sony seems to lack innovative products lately.[/citation]
You may want to look at Sony's CLED TV's shown at CES.[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Does that mean he will take the blame when Sony fail to produce a new console while Nintendo and Microsoft rake in billions on their new offerings?Unless he has been gestating the worlds best kept secret (not likely) and they have a super-duper Playstation 4 about to explode on the market with vitrual-reality holodeck games it is all going to go very wrong for this guy in the next 2 years.[/citation]
Nintendo's future with the WiiU is not being liked by it's investors. Nintendo said they will not compete with PS4 nor XBOX 720.... like are you serious??? Everybody thought Nintendo was going to try and capture the hardcore gamers with the WiiU but turns out they dont't. WTF are they doing then? The Wii all over again? Look where that get them at, with the most sold console but struggling because lack of software. Microsoft lost big time with the RROD.

Sony will do what they always do. They will bring hardware innovation and they will most likely to be the most powerful console out of the bunch. The PS4 will most likely bring that BD XL with 100GB on a single disk. Sony may want to use an updated more powerful version of the Cell processor, build on the GF110 from nVidia maybe even use a 28nm version of the Cell in the PS4 SLIM. This move with the Cell may save them money to throw on the GF110 GPU.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]sony's PS3 and PSN are the best on the market. free to play online games, better pay to watch movies and shows, bigger HD, better graphics. i had a 360 for 3 years (still have it) but for a media player and game console PS3 is better. i grew tired of shelling out 50-60$ every year just to play games i bought.[/citation]
As a PC gamer I feel I can lord it over all the console gamers, including the PS3 as I have a Bluray drive, media services up the kazoo, better games with a bigger back catalogue, better raphics with higher res and frame rates, cheaper games and also free to play online.
Thing is, all the things that made the PS3 btter than the Xbox360 such as the Bluray and the media has either already been solved or will be done for the Xbox720. Netflix gives all the media you want, you can already stream your home content, they are launching the equivalent of premium cable TV (already do in some parts of Europe) and the Bluray is on the way for the new version. People obviously don't care about paying for online play otherwise Xbox Live wouldn't have millions of subscribers and as far as graphics go the Xbox720 will be more powerful than the PS3 so my original statement stands...

The PS4 will need to have rocking super-next gen graphics that are truely unbelievable because all the other unique selling points are gone, on top of the fact that there has been no hint of a PS4 so people are already psyching temselves up to buy either Xbox or Nintendo because Sony haven't even put themselves in the race yet

What the hell is stopping them? Lack of innovation? Lack of ideas? Sony R&D used to be the envy of the world and it needs to get back on the horse or they are gonna get whipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.