PlayStation Mobile to Finally Launch in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Almost 2 years after it was a promised feature on the XPeria Play, it's scheduled to come out...if it actually does this time.

Funny, I don't see a confirmed list of release games. If Sony were a less reputable company, you'd almost think they were trying to rehype it only to release a bunch of garbage games no one wanted instead of actual PS classics like FF7 and MGS.

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
while i do like this news, as i too have an xperia play, its a little late. my play is getting a tad outdated now, to say the least. i've had to settle for making my own apk psx conversions to run on the built in playstation app.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
Good for HTC One series owners. What about Samsung Galaxy series owners? S2? S3? come on Samsung & Sony.

I'm looking forward to play quality games like Final Fantasy.
Typical crappy mobile games(such as angry bird and temple run) totally made me gave up on mobile gaming.

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]Almost 2 years after it was a promised feature on the XPeria Play, it's scheduled to come out...if it actually does this time.Funny, I don't see a confirmed list of release games. If Sony were a less reputable company, you'd almost think they were trying to rehype it only to release a bunch of garbage games no one wanted instead of actual PS classics like FF7 and MGS.[/citation]

i have a copy of FF7 that runs from the xperia app. while it is technically playable, it runs like crap. gotta use it in software emulation mode. MGS would not work at all. booted to menu, no sound, would not continue.

This is not the FPse emulator or any other emulator i'm talking about. this is the same playstation app that runs crash bandicoot. it is possible to use the bandicoot files to make APKs and data files of your own PSX games. not all games work though. siphon filter worked fine. daiblo, gran turismo 1, hot shots golf 2, hydro thunder are just some quick examples off the top of my head that i have that work fine. castlevania: SOTN played just fine but had a TINY amount of sound corruption. that particular game actually plays better with FPse.

G

I've had the beta app on my PS Vita for a couple months now. Used it once to play L4D through RDP app someone came up with. I don't see a list of games either, 30games? Where? Also will these have mobile games like Modern Combat 3 or Nova 3 for PS Vita owners to play? Please stop with the PS1 downloads on PSN it makes me think you guys at Sony are desperate for money. Why not PS2 games? Probably not huh i mean after all you did away with PS2 backwards compatible.....why did we do that again? Wait why was Linux taken away from our PS3 again, oh cause Sony said right before launching the PS3 that the PS3 can not be hacked which was basically an invitation to hack the console and show how awesome your security is. We already bought the PS3 and some had Linux on it until you removed it through firmware updates. PS3 slim is on the way guys v2.0 smaller and sleeker. Now that it's smaller means obviously you guys worked out the heating issues causing the "YLOD" right? Guys? I mean it's smaller so........it's fixed right? Why would you waste $$$ and push out something without fixing a major issue from the first and second models? Chime in anyone? GREAT 2 GEORGE FOREMAN GRILLS

guanyu210379

Distinguished
No PlayStation certificate for SGS3 or any Samsungs high-ends?
Are you sure Sony? We SGS3 owner only are already pass 20 Mios population out there all around the world....together with other devices from Samsung...hhmmm...you can make lots of money you know
No interest to have our money too?

Status
Not open for further replies.