PlayStation Move Has Multiplayer Design Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm out of it, so this is the first time I've seen a pic of the sony motion controllers. I wonder where they found their inspiration for the design...

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
still got to wonder how many people can Natal can recognize at one time....

the amount of motion capture processing done on 360 is probably limited too....

lightsaber

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I need to see games for this Playstation Dil...er Move before I can comment further....heck we've seen more out of Microsoft's Project Natel then this thing!!

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Umm. I'll decide when I see how much it costs.

If I can get a decent bowling game this is probably going to be a sure sale. Do you really want four people standing up in a room swinging things around wildly? Someone's going to get cracked upside the head.

woundeddog

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Who decided to make the design of this contraption, LOL i think SONY as something else in mind like some adult rated games. BTW those this new controller have DUAL SHOCK. LOL

Zenthar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The limitation could have been solved simply by having a wired connection between the sub and the main unit, just like the Wiimote. I mean, the solution was already there why not use it?

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
As a Wii owner, also known as that-thing-that-collects-dust, I can say that two people is usually the max the thing ever sees. Sure a few times having four players is fun, but I'm not going to cry that the Move can only support two full controller sets. And I'm sure any 4-player party type games could be easily handled by 4 single Move's (again, just look at the Wii titles that don't require a nun-chuck).

soky602

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Playstation Dildo has a double dildo limit?I like to see that video![/citation]
I wonder if it has Dualshock..

Fox Montage

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Shez[/nom]As a Wii owner, also known as that-thing-that-collects-dust, I can say that two people is usually the max the thing ever sees. Sure a few times having four players is fun, but I'm not going to cry that the Move can only support two full controller sets. And I'm sure any 4-player party type games could be easily handled by 4 single Move's (again, just look at the Wii titles that don't require a nun-chuck).[/citation]

Exactly.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]Shez[/nom]As a Wii owner, also known as that-thing-that-collects-dust, I can say that two people is usually the max the thing ever sees. Sure a few times having four players is fun, but I'm not going to cry that the Move can only support two full controller sets. And I'm sure any 4-player party type games could be easily handled by 4 single Move's (again, just look at the Wii titles that don't require a nun-chuck).[/citation]

Ditto!! I have a Wii as well as a PS3 and the only time I have used more than 2 people playing at a time is when we played the PS3 quiz show game. Having 4 people jumping around knocking things over is way to many anyhow.

PS, it does look like a Dildo.. hehe

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I think the number of people limitation is going to be a problem solely because I think that the Move controller (much like the Wii) is really going to be limited to party games for mass appeal.

And what's a party if you can only have one friend over?

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]still got to wonder how many people can Natal can recognize at one time....the amount of motion capture processing done on 360 is probably limited too....[/citation]

Its already stated that it will be 4 users recognized at the same time. Like the demos with the party games etc were already 4 players...

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]ikefu[/nom]I think the number of people limitation is going to be a problem solely because I think that the Move controller (much like the Wii) is really going to be limited to party games for mass appeal.And what's a party if you can only have one friend over?[/citation]

So damn true... +1 for putting it so simple. This actually is a huge f*** you to the gamer when they build up hype and hearing everyone "Wii fun with HD graphics". Its not even half way there from the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.