PlayStation Phone Hitting Verizon This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgalecio

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Adreno 205!?! Really!?! That GPU came out with the Nexus One. Man this thing is going to flop graphics wise. Smooth move again Sony.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
My prediction is that the whole PS Suite thing turns out like Nintendo's Virtual Console, with a fraction of the possible games out on that particular system. Meanwhile you can track down a PS emulator and play nearly every game for PS for absolutely free.

It's a problem when a free product can beat your pay to play product. If they really want this idea to work, they need to get a full library for it at a quality that can BEAT what a pirate emulator can do. Sony's wannabe Mario and a bunch of no name titles, that's not gonna impress anyone. Playstation 1 has tons of quality titles that could have been used.

This is of course putting aside all other legit reasons to not buy a Sony networked product right now

astrotrain1000

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
In my mind $200 plus a 2 year contract = ~$400 phone, which this is not. I'd consider paying $200 or free on contract. This would be great for playing emulators and ditching my psp.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]This is of course putting aside all other legit reasons to not buy a Sony networked product right now[/citation]

Don't care. I don't buy sony anymore. Nice to see a gaming phone having lacking specs though. Might as well call it a business phone with a "joystick"

[citation][nom]astrotrain1000[/nom]In my mind $200 plus a 2 year contract = ~$400 phone, which this is not. I'd consider paying $200 or free on contract. This would be great for playing emulators and ditching my psp.[/citation]

Don't forget the $30 a month data plan. Assuming your buying a smart phone for the first time to get this. If your used to smart phones this is however not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.