PlayStation Phone ''Previewed,'' Benchmarked

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsocks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
damn, i am disappoint. Its sad when phones not marketed as gaming phones beat this in specs. This thing better be cheap, but im sure they will charge *smartphone* prices.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Wonder if old PSP games can be put on this via memory card. I can see their app just being a link to their online download store

apoq

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Oh, it looks ugly as hell. And I dont get why they didn't just include real analog sticks - well very small ones that is. It's clear that those who will buy this phone are going to accept the extra heftiness it comes along with.
Also, being a gaming device its simply embarrasing they don't include a more powerful hardware.
Somehow I feel Sony likes to shoot itself in the foot.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Okay... actual pictures this time!

The Earlier "prototype" or "secret' photos, they photo-shopped or placed a obvious Samsung Galaxy-S phone on top of a PSP.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
I'm very disappointed with the specs of this thing. Personally I thought it would come equipped with a Tegra 2 SoC, 1GHz, Dual-Core Cortex A9, 1GB of RAM, and a GeForce GPU...much more powerful than that Adreno GPU...much more suited for a gaming device.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
The PSPhone doesn't need any advertising.. all these 'leaks' are doing the job. Well played.
I just need to hope my current phone keeps going until this is released..

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]dillyflump[/nom]Ummmm it's just a PSP GO with phone function.[/citation]
Minus PSP games, yeah it is kind of like that. But really its just YAS (Yet Another Smartphone). I mean, a single-core Snapdragon and an Adeno? Really? There are much faster graphics chips on the market from PowerVR and Nvidia.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Due to security concerns, they can't give you anything but a phone with limited use.But you will have to buy it, $ony commands it!!!!

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]soundefx[/nom]Is this a psp with phone capabilities or a phone with gaming capabilities?[/citation]

This is just a phone with a d-pad and buttons to play games with instead of just using the touch screen. Don't know why people keep thinking it's a full blown handheld gaming machine with phone capability.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]applegetsmelaid[/nom]If it doesn't play games from Playstation Network, this phone is silly.[/citation]

Yes. It would make most sense for it to just connect to PSN and you can purchase downloadable games online. If the entire downloadable PSP library isn't available on this - that would be quite poor.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]I will promise to post less abuse posts.[/citation]

mods -_-; Still stands that the spam is unreasonable on this site.

It would be funny that the first post after mine is spam..considering the content of my now edited post but it really isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.