PlayStation Phone PSOne Emulator in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
what we are seeing is sony's android psp hybrid phone running the buggy PS1 emulator "psx4droid".
Nothing special about this shit, I want my PSP2 naaao , come on sony!!!!

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Typical new , limited product from $ony. Its a shame they let a phone play original ps games but do not let you do the same on a 300 dolar console. The hardware has so much potential but is limited by greed :/. I better stop here before I get sued too lol.

demosthenes81

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
first of all the new 300 dollar console plays PS1 games not PS2, and id be happy to play Xenogears on the go if they ever put it on the playstation store

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
[citation][nom]demosthenes81[/nom]first of all the new 300 dollar console plays PS1 games not PS2, and id be happy to play Xenogears on the go if they ever put it on the playstation store[/citation]
my fault, i thought they "slimmed" that down too!

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Poorly worded story.

This isn't an "official" emulator built in and supported by Sony, but by the description two Android apps that work as an emulator, which would (in theory) work on any Android device, right?

I mean if Sony actually opened their entire PS1 catalog with a 100% working emulator then they would suddenly become my favorite company, but in reality Sony wouldn't so much as give me a cup of coffee in Antarctica and will try suing whoever developed the emulator.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
After this and other discussions on the site, I've been rethinking about whether I'd actually want a gaming device and phone in one. When I'm playing normally, it's good to be able to get a phone call and keep playing, or quickly send a text whilst playing.
Not to mention when I'm taking notes on things in the game, I do it with my phone..

The more I think about it the more I'm losing interest.[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Maybe even a PS2 emulator one day?[/citation]
That would be neat if they one day put PS2 games on PSN.. but I ain't sure how well it'd go on the PSPhone, whether it'd run. Someone should try it though via emulation, hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS