Please help - battery/ac charger issue?

ChrisLev

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
Hi all, desperate for some help as have been scanning websites and can't seem to find anything to diagnose my laptop problem..

So a few days ago, my laptop just cut out mid-use. Since then it will no longer power up.

When the AC charger is plugged into the laptop it still won't turn on and the AC charger is blinking a green colour,

When the AC charger is taken out the laptop but left turned on at the wall the light on the AC charger then stays a constant green colour

I tried a different AC charger and this had no effect

I've got some incredibly important bits on the laptop when I'm desperate to save!

The make/model is Advent Monza 5100, any help will be appreciated greatly!

Have you tried connecting the charger cord when the battery is not in? I ask, because if there is anything wrong with the cord, even though you don't see it, it may not be sending enough power through to both charge the battery and power the laptop. I should, however, allow you to use the laptop without the battery in (unless of course yours is one of the few that won't work at all with out the battery in).

It would also allow it to charge the battery when the laptop is totally powered off.

If this is the case, you would need a new charger cord.

Have you tried connecting the charger cord when the battery is not in? I ask, because if there is anything wrong with the cord, even though you don't see it, it may not be sending enough power through to both charge the battery and power the laptop. I should, however, allow you to use the laptop without the battery in (unless of course yours is one of the few that won't work at all with out the battery in).

It would also allow it to charge the battery when the laptop is totally powered off.

If this is the case, you would need a new charger cord.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tgbao2703 Laptop Tech Support 2
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
Anil390 Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
superpeas Laptop Tech Support 2
lin1614 Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 0
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6