GujjuOntario

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
Please help me buy a laptop for my mom..confused about processor

Laptop 1 : - Intel Celeron N2830 (Dual Core) [ Hp Slim 15-F033WM ]

Laptop 2 : - Intel Celeron 3205U (Dual Core) [DELL Vostro 15 3549 ]

Laptop 3 : - Intel Pentium Quad Core (N3540) [ HP 15-R250TU (2Z89PA]

Laptop 4 : - Intel Celeron 2957U (Dual Core) [Dell Inspiron 15 3542]

Mom will use laptop basically for surfing web (chrome, firefox), skype calls and other things..no highend softwares/gaming

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

If I was to give any advice to people buying laptops, it would be to buy nothing less than an i5 processor. Now with that said... this does increase the price, but anything less than this is a waste of time and money. So the next step is to find a reputable company that sells refurbished laptops, and then get an i5 processor with a minimum of 4GB of RAM. most refurbished laptop resellers are Microsoft Licensed Refurbishers , and will include a full copy of Windows, as well as providing a 1 year warranty on the devices.

Usually you can get a refurb 1st Generation i5 processor laptop for the same price as the ones you have mentioned above. Just use your search engine to check for local laptop refurbishers.

GujjuOntario

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
thanks for the reply @neur0nauT ...here..no furbished laptops are available..actually, i have found a 4th gen corei3 laptop with almost same price..thus, now opting for that..thanks!