Please help me! Unknown Mac Address

Sep 30, 2018
Hi everyone, so this is new, I've never had anything like this happen before this point in time. So I have xfinity, their triple play deal with a DPC3941T modem/router. Just tonight I logged in as I do randomly from time to time just to check in on stuff & noticed this. Aside from the other normal devices, along with my Note 8 displaying the correct Mac address showing as connected BUT it also had on not connected but was previously connected is my Note 8 but this had a -6 at the end of it with a Mac address that when searched for comes back with nothing...? Any ideas?? This is not good, correct?? I'm not a complete idiot with all this kind of stuff, but no professional, guess above average knowledgeable... But I have no clue with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
All those devices have been in range of your router, but notice, that unlike your Note 8 they don't have an IP address. They attempted to connect to your device and failed. It is not uncommon to see devices listed like this. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
If you are concerned, then there are four things to check/modify on your router.

■ Disable WPS
    ■ Change admin password to unique strong password
    ■ Use WPA2 with a unique strong password
    ■ Disable guest WIFI

I know Xfinity likes to provide "free" hotspots to other subscribers here is how to disable that -- https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot

kanewolf

Judicious
All those devices have been in range of your router, but notice, that unlike your Note 8 they don't have an IP address. They attempted to connect to your device and failed. It is not uncommon to see devices listed like this. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
If you are concerned, then there are four things to check/modify on your router.

■ Disable WPS
    ■ Change admin password to unique strong password
    ■ Use WPA2 with a unique strong password
    ■ Disable guest WIFI

I know Xfinity likes to provide "free" hotspots to other subscribers here is how to disable that -- https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot

Solution
Sep 30, 2018
Oh no they all have up addresses I just didnt click them to get the drop down menu... But the thing that concerns me is the galaxy note 8 and on the bottom the galaxy note 8-6 theres only 1 note 8 connecting to my network which is my phone BUT it clearly has 2 separate mac addresses & ip addresses..

]New Image to check out

kanewolf

Judicious

As I said, if you have 2.4 and 5Ghz WIFI you can have two entries with different MAC addresses for the same device.

kanewolf

Judicious
An "offline" device is not currently connected but has been in the past. That could be consistent with a 2.4 vs 5Ghz difference. But it could be the Xfiniity "public" connectivity. I don't have Xfinity so I don't know for sure. I posted a link on how to disable that public connectivity.