Please help no restore points, remove a bad driver zadnqtxa.sys from Win7 x64

lemoncadillac

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
Need help removing a bad driver zadnqtxa.sys from Win7 x64. I have tried for days to stop the BDOD on normal start.

Thank you in advance

Solution
Power the machine down then switch it on again while tapping the Function 8 key. That will offer you the Safe Mode which runs fewer utilities at boottime and should make the system run and you can track down that file and delete it.
Power the machine down then switch it on again while tapping the Function 8 key. That will offer you the Safe Mode which runs fewer utilities at boottime and should make the system run and you can track down that file and delete it.

Solution

lemoncadillac

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
I should have included more info. I can boot in safe mode. I have found the driver. It won't delete,uninstall. Have tried several delete on boot programs with no success. I can't find any program it is associated with to uninstall.

driver address: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\zadnqtxa.sys

Can you right click on that file and select Security and see if you can take control over it?

If that fails, while you're in System32, right click on the file cmd.exe and select RunAs Administrator.

A Command form shows up and at the prompt, type
del c:\windows\system32\drivers\zadnqtxa.sys
check check to see if it works.

lemoncadillac

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

lemoncadillac

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
I started to re install Windows on another drive. I used your command and it deleted.. I will need to disconnect the current C drive and see if I can boot into the drive now. Thank you

del F:\windows\system32\drivers\zadnqtxa.sys

lemoncadillac

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

lemoncadillac

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
I hooked the drive back up as C drive. Driver is removed and I booted into windows. YAAAAH Access the drive from another system and delete the bad driver worked for me. Thanks to all that helped.