Solved! Please Help! USB 3.0 Problems

Jun 25, 2019
So basically I have a Elgato HD60 S Game Capture Card for ps4 to pc. My computer doesn't have any usb 3.0 ports and whenever I try to plug the usb 3.0 into the 2.0 in my computer it won't work for the elgato. Says it need a usb 3.0 to function. But I don't have one and my dad won't let me buy a card to put them in my computer. What can I do?

Solution
Devices that has USB 3.0 needs a port that supports USB 3.0. If you have a device with a USB 3.0 and use it on a USB 2.0 Port, you'll only get the USB 2.0 speeds.
Jun 25, 2019
While you can use a 3.0 USB port for any of the prior versions, you can't use a prior version (say 2.0) for a newer device using 3.0. There is no way around this.

I am with bignastyid, I don't think your laptop can handle it.
So I'm on a computer and it's a fast strong computer just don't have any usb 3.0 ports :/

I can't answer that. I don't what kind of computer. However, I suggest you look at the specs for the computer, and the specs for your device mentioned before. Then compare the specs. Not just eh type of USB port, but all the specs. It is completely possible that there are other aspects of the computer that may not work with that device as well. Can't know until you look them up.

Jun 26, 2019
Devices that has USB 3.0 needs a port that supports USB 3.0. If you have a device with a USB 3.0 and use it on a USB 2.0 Port, you'll only get the USB 2.0 speeds.

Solution