Please recommend good backup software

2ninup

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Hi everybody,
Could someone tell me their pref for good backup software. I'm Running Win 10 in a dual boot to a ZyXel 6 TB NAS. I have a 500GB ssd and 2 3TB hd's to backup.
I've been using Acronis True Image 2016 but it has let me down 3 times not being able to recover a good backup even with their tech support logged into my computer. Just want something rock solid that will be there in case of a disaster. Also not too expensive, maybe around $50 and able to do both images and file-folder backups like Acronis TI does if possible.
TIA
Michael

Solution

For a whole drive image, I use Macrium Reflect
For file/folder operations, SyncBackFree

2ninup

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Thanks for the reply, I would like something that could do both folder/file and image but need image the most, that's what I have been doing lately just want the option of retrieving just files from the image if I need only them.

USAFRet

Illustrious

For a whole drive image, I use Macrium Reflect
For file/folder operations, SyncBackFree

Solution

2ninup

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Micheal Ethan

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
The theme of this category is to provide reviews for the most popular and best free file-based backup programs that provide adequate features, ease of use and ability to set and forget. File based backup programs do not usually support the creation of a system boot restore disk. The intention behind backup software is to backup important data you create, not generally to restore your operating system or applications. Use backup software to save document files, browser favorites, pictures, videos and other data, documents and media. There are other options for creating system restore disks and restoring applications. Some of the backup programs are easier to use than others usually at the cost of some features. Backup programs do have their own nomenclature for processes. Please take the time to educate yourself on the process and terminology. Gizmo's has several articles for reference, some mentioned later in this review and the Freeware Forum to post questions. Downloading and trying two or three different programs to perform a test backup may be preferable to determine the proper fit for your needs and experience.