Please suggest a good ultrabook for running softwares like maya ,autocad smoothly without any lag?

Rahulroykerela

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Hi
I want to buy a new laptop/ultrabook. My budget is 3000 dollars.or Rs 200000 for indian friends.
I will be working with maya 2014 ,autocad,photoshop ,after effects.
Basically ,I need it for 3d rendering ,animations etc .
Since my desktop has i7, please suggest the same.windows 8 will be good but can also do without it.thanks.

Farah2x

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
I have checked both Maya and Photoshop system requirements, both do not list minimum VGA requirement. Which means it is OK.

As far as I know, 3D rendering is processor intensive rather than VGA intensive. As long as it is not too slow old VGA. It is OK.

Moreover, you will find a hard time finding Discreet VGA ultrabook. Even if you find one, I doubt its durability because of ultrabook platform heat dissipation.

For other options visit Ultrabook Price List.

Spirlort

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

Spirlort

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
What you may have missed is that Maya, AutoCad and AfterEffects are all very GPU intensive when you're actually WORKING with them manipulating 3D textured models within scenes. Farah2x needs to have an NVidia GPU card in his laptop, preferably one of the Professional series cards if his budget permits. If not, he needs the the highest performance regular nVidia card available (sorry, but I don't keep up with which card is which for laptops).

To give you some perspective, my desktop's Quattro Pro 3500 is no longer considered adequate by Autodesk for workstations running the current version of Maya. That said, no laptop is ever going to replace a dual-quad xeon workstation like mine with a Raid 5 disk array, SB xFi card and 30" monitor or a similarly equipped quad i7 workstation!