Plugged in USB phone charger and now USB devices not recognized

AJ_Marzullo

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015
Recently I charged my phone just for the convenience of it being able to right? Well I tried connecting my usual headset and mouse but now it now longer wants to recognize that I have devices plugged in other than that same phone charger. I have tried restarting my PC, uninstalling the USB host controller, and I've tried just about everything else I could find in these threads but nothing has worked. PLEASE HELP!!

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset first, unplug all other devices from your PC next is to remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it up and test your USB ports again.
- If that doesn't work, try to uninstall/reinstall the USB driver. In Device Manager uninstall the USB driver then reboot your PC and it should reinstall automatically after the reboot.
- Next is to run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- If all these will not work I would suggest running a factory reset with your PC.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset first, unplug all other devices from your PC next is to remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it up and test your USB ports again.
- If that doesn't work, try to uninstall/reinstall the USB driver. In Device Manager uninstall the USB driver then reboot your PC and it should reinstall automatically after the reboot.
- Next is to run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- If all these will not work I would suggest running a factory reset with your PC.

Solution