Polaroid tablet won't turn on & it's only 3 months old.

lila1160

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
I have a 10" with keyboard that was doing fine til I tried to use it after a couple of days. It just have a black screen. I have done a reset but don't know what a hard reset is. Please give me some solutions to try! Thanks!

Solution
Well a "Hard Reset" is meant to bring the device back to factory settings and removes everything from it. So it basically wipes it clean and then reinstalls the original stuff. I am including the info on how to do a "Hard Reset". Before doing so you may want to check the batter and the charger. Including that info too. :) I know batteries are not always so easy to get to in tablets, and if the tablet is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer before opening it up at all.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Remove the battery.
2. Press and hold the "Power" button for 20 seconds.
3. Now put the battery back in.
4. Plug it in to charge and allow it to fully charge before turning it on.

If this doesn't...
Well a "Hard Reset" is meant to bring the device back to factory settings and removes everything from it. So it basically wipes it clean and then reinstalls the original stuff. I am including the info on how to do a "Hard Reset". Before doing so you may want to check the batter and the charger. Including that info too. :) I know batteries are not always so easy to get to in tablets, and if the tablet is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer before opening it up at all.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Remove the battery.
2. Press and hold the "Power" button for 20 seconds.
3. Now put the battery back in.
4. Plug it in to charge and allow it to fully charge before turning it on.

If this doesn't help, then test the charger cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord on your device.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Solution

lila1160

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Would you believe it was my charger because my grandson suggested to try a different one & it worked! I really liked liked everything you told me webworkings in fact I printed it out. I need to read more of this forum & I will. Thanks so much