Poor connectivity on new laptop

elogue98

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
I got a new laptop today it has poor connection to my wifi and two public BT networks near me as it has about 1/4 or 2/4 all of the time with about a 1.5mb dl speed with my home wifi, whereas all of my other devices, including my old laptop connects perfectly (4/4 bars) with about a 25mb dl speed and it can also reach neighbours wifi networks which my new laptop cannot even see, I was wondering if you could help? I have an ASUS K556UQ, i5 and all of my drivers are up to date,Thanks!

Solution
Try this:

Open the Settings app, and select Network & Internet. In the menu to the left, click WiFi. On the right side of the page, click 'Change adapter options'.

This opens an old Win7-style window (Network Connections). There should be an icon indicating your WiFi connection. Right-click this icon and select Properties.

This opens the Wi-Fi Properties window with 2 tabs - Networking, and Sharing. Under the Networking tab, make sure that both Internet Protocol Version 4 and Internet Protocol Version 6 are ticked.

You said that all your drivers are up-to-date, so I assume this includes the network card.
Try this:

Open the Settings app, and select Network & Internet. In the menu to the left, click WiFi. On the right side of the page, click 'Change adapter options'.

This opens an old Win7-style window (Network Connections). There should be an icon indicating your WiFi connection. Right-click this icon and select Properties.

This opens the Wi-Fi Properties window with 2 tabs - Networking, and Sharing. Under the Networking tab, make sure that both Internet Protocol Version 4 and Internet Protocol Version 6 are ticked.

You said that all your drivers are up-to-date, so I assume this includes the network card.

Solution