Pope Asks Priests to Blog the Word of the Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
With almost every google search resulting in some kind of p*rn online, it will be difficult to keep ya vow of chastity, but good luck to those cyber preists!

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Pope Asks Priests to Blog the Word of the Lord, world dies of laughter.

Seriously, whats next? Skateboarding pope/palpatine?

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
@Jimmy22:
Can see it now. Google the word Chastity you get "Chastity Daniels in Whores 'n Habits, Priests of Priapism, and Crusade for Cunnilinigus."

Seriously though, I guess the church needs to catch on through new mediums. I stopped going long ago when I realized the atmosphere brought in hardcore hypocrites.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
I don't know about blogging specifically, but there have been Christian resources on the Internet as long as there has been Internet.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
loving the Pope on the iphone app,

imagine a religious weather app: {a slight decrease in Jews in the northern region, with a hint Christianity moving in from the south.}

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Mr_Man[/nom]I don't know about blogging specifically, but there have been Christian resources on the Internet as long as there has been Internet.[/citation]
Christian churches are more acceptive of resources and take all they can to spread the word. But ever since that adult sites have been popping up everywhere, catholic churches ( not christian) have marked the internet as the devil's work and what not.

But anyway, can anyone imagine he pope all day on facebook. LOL :)

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
is bad enough that religion is keeping humanity since forever to evolve now they wanna take over the internet as well ... imagine the new spanish inquisition: bow to your Lord or we delete your facebook and world of worcraft accounts!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
The cynicism of everyone's comments leaves little hope for humanity. Just give some thought into what we speak. There is nothing wrong with blogging spiritual words. The beauty of religion is that it lets people believe that there are better plans for them then this crap shoot we call earth which has only been getting worse. Trust me, we would be able to live without the internet as did billions of people and years before us did. With that in mind, go actually read the bible before you bash it. It has a lot of good advice in it. Even if you don't believe in god.

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Blogs are not really academia sources, thats why u need official religion sites or something to have pertinence, for any fake priest can have a blog.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Why doesn't the Pope assume some social responsibility and have his underlings Blog important things like birth-control, population control, etc.?

blueomni

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]The cynicism of everyone's comments leaves little hope for humanity. Just give some thought into what we speak. There is nothing wrong with blogging spiritual words. The beauty of religion is that it lets people believe that there are better plans for them then this crap shoot we call earth which has only been getting worse. Trust me, we would be able to live without the internet as did billions of people and years before us did. With that in mind, go actually read the bible before you bash it. It has a lot of good advice in it. Even if you don't believe in god.[/citation]

I agree with you that religion should be respected for what it is, and people shouldn't be so cynical about it. BUT I don't agree that people should be let to believe there is something better for them after they die while they sit idle and miserable about their dying world.
Instead of praying and begging, why not acting and doing something real to make the world a better place? I don't know, but I believe a simple smile can make a difference to someone who needs it, and I don't need religion to smile or help others or be more ecological.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]The cynicism of everyone's comments leaves little hope for humanity. Just give some thought into what we speak. There is nothing wrong with blogging spiritual words. The beauty of religion is that it lets people believe that there are better plans for them then this crap shoot we call earth which has only been getting worse. Trust me, we would be able to live without the internet as did billions of people and years before us did. With that in mind, go actually read the bible before you bash it. It has a lot of good advice in it. Even if you don't believe in god.[/citation]
Your friends who want to spread "spiritual word" are corrupt liars who are in it for the money and getting some fresh meat from time to time. Plus, I thought the Bible is the instrument of choice.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom] The beauty of religion is that it lets people believe that there are better plans for them then this crap shoot we call earth which has only been getting worse.[/citation]

That is a cop out. Religion is responsible for much that ails the world today. Haiti is Catholic and one can't help but blame the Church for their doubling population over a decade, their denuding of the forests, etc. Then there are those kooks overseas who use the Koran to kill innocents. Naw, religion has contributed little to the good of humanity...unless you consider the Crusades as a means of population control.

Blogging the"word" merely belittles it. Do what Jesus said...Pray in the privacy of your closet," or something like that. If religion were a private matter and remained such, then all would be well. But, when people try to convert others then we have problems...problems we could do without.

The Catholic Church needs to get with the program and cease with this "no-birth control" shit. It works fine in developed countries because we just blow them off, but in un-developed countries they are too ignorant to think for themselves and believe the teaching of some celibate old-fart who dresses funny. The church may prosper by the sayings of the Pope, but the world suffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.