Port forwarding not working at all!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagsta21

Honorable
May 3, 2012
im port forwarding for my proxy server and i have it set up with my static ip address and i port forwarded 8080 witch i want it to be on and it is closed when i check if it is open
help please i will post pictures if requested i will pick a best answer btw
info:
my router is a vizio xwr100
modem semins speedstream 8200 (windstream)

jagsta21

Honorable
May 3, 2012
here you go
v4w54x.png

jagsta21

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Code:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : serverPC

Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . : 

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : 

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-08-74-E2-39-FA

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.148

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Ijack

Distinguished
I take it all your other port forwards work? For example, you can access the web server on port 80 from the outside world.

Anyway, some ISPs block port 8080 so you might want to check that this is not the case. It's difficult to see what else you can be doing wrong as long as you have a process running on 192.168.1.148 listening on port 8080. You are sure that is so? Have you tested access from within your network?

Ijack

Distinguished
If the web server works when you access it from within the network, using the internal address, but not when accessing it from outside the network, using your router's external address then the only sensible option is that your ISP is blocking those ports inbound to prevent you running servers.

But, as Sunius says, it very much depends upon how you are doing the testing.

Sunius

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
I don't know whether you can trust www.canyouseeme.org because it gives me errors when I test open ports (and I know they are open, I've hosted terraria server successful on that port).

Do you have two PCs in your home? That way you could check it for sure.

Sunius

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
Could you connect your second PC to the router through "Internet" port (as if the cable from your second PC would be the Internet cable). Then, try connecting to the first PC ports that you have forwarded.

jagsta21

Honorable
May 3, 2012
ok so basicly im connecting my pc to the router where the internet from the modem would go.. and trying to connect to the proxy server with the port that is suppose to be forwarded? will post results when i get home in about 45 mins

edit: i tried the way i understood and could not get it to work but idk if i did it right..

Status
Not open for further replies.