Possible Nexus Two Specs Include 1.2GHz CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]With that display and processor? Better have a charger in your pocket..lol[/citation]

People have been overclocking Android phones past 1 GHz for awhile now. It apparently doesn't hurt battery life noticeably.

marcusmurphy

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Don't get me wrong the more power the better and that AMOLED I'm sure will be gorgeous but at what cost? My friend's Droid X was great to play with...for all of 45 mins until he had to charge it.[/citation]

Sorry but the Droid X dosen't have an AMOLED screen... traditional LCD screens use a backlight and block and filter the light to produce the range of colors. For each diode in an OLED, it would only consume the same power if the entire screen were always white. Black diodes consume no power at all, and all the other colors scale between the two.

The difference between my Samsung Moment (AMOLED with 800 Mhz), which lasts 10+ hours with heavy usage, and a Nexus Two is going to be negligible... maybe shave an hour off my usage time.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]descendency[/nom]So tempted to sell my Nexus One and wait for a Nexus Two...[/citation]
[citation][nom]toofly[/nom]Might have to sell my nexus one. =)[/citation]

Me too!!

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Didn't Samsung come out and deny that they are making a Nexus Two? I mean don't get me wrong, I would love a Nexus Two, but I am pretty sure you will be disappointed on the 8th

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]duk3[/nom]That's legitimately faster than my friends main computer... Besides video, he has a PCI 8400gs[/citation]

I'm not sure if that was a joking remark or not, but i highly doubt that statement. you can't directly compare the clockspeeds of a snapdragon CPU and an x86 CPU.

unless he's running a 200mhz P2, I'd say his is still more powerful.

darkbunny

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]cashews[/nom]Didn't Samsung come out and deny that they are making a Nexus Two? I mean don't get me wrong, I would love a Nexus Two, but I am pretty sure you will be disappointed on the 8th[/citation]
[citation][nom]cashews[/nom]Didn't Samsung come out and deny that they are making a Nexus Two? I mean don't get me wrong, I would love a Nexus Two, but I am pretty sure you will be disappointed on the 8th[/citation]

If that is indeed what they're announcing on the 8th, obviously they aren't going to spoil it and say, "Ohp! You caught us!" I'm not saying they are announcing it that day, but if they were they definitely wouldn't say anything about it early, or else that would defeat the purpose of the event.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]With that display and processor? Better have a charger in your pocket..lol[/citation]

I would like that phone then! I'm currently using a sony ericson thing that has to be recharged every day anyway - so I'm used to having the charger around :)

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I wonder when we can put folding@home, seti@Home or Einstein@Home on these new smartphones??

512MB RAM is plenty ... but the CPU architecture isn't x86 so it would need to be ported...

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]jadelith[/nom]seriously tom, its called CAPTCHA. use it.[/citation]
LOL And takes all of a few lines of code to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.