Solved! Possible to use speakers on both TV and Record Player?

Mar 9, 2021
So I have had to move into a much smaller spot and I'm looking for the best way to go about utilizing my current speakers for both my TV and my Turntable to maximize space/utility.

I currently have the following:

Speakers - A2+ HOME MUSIC SYSTEM W/ BLUETOOTH APTX
Turntable - Audiotechnica AT-LP60XUSB
TV - Samsung 55" - TU700D Series. Used mostly for netflix and playing ps4

I am really wondering if I'd be able to utilize the A2+ for both TV and turntable. Possibly with some kind of switch, or rather using wireless/bluetooth for the record player and a wired connection for the TV.

for both the tv and turntable maybe just using some kind of switch. But am also looking for opinions on if the sound would be good/balanced switching between both, or how I would best go about this really.

Total amateur when it comes to setups such as this, so ELI5 if you can.

Thanks.

Solution
Nice speakers, but not really made to be connected directly to a TV, no optical port, and there are two analog inputs but the TV would need to have a headphone out, or have an adapter to connect to the speakers. In addition, the volume for the speakers is on the rear, bit hard to use them with a TV that way unless you are OK with getting up to adjust them.

They also have no built in source selection.

How do you feel about replacing them for something like Edifier R1850DB or R2000DB which have source selection and optical input?

Using adapters you can get latency issues for audio and video of the TV if you go wireless. And wired, you would need an optical to analog adapter for the TV, then use a source switcher for that and the...
Nice speakers, but not really made to be connected directly to a TV, no optical port, and there are two analog inputs but the TV would need to have a headphone out, or have an adapter to connect to the speakers. In addition, the volume for the speakers is on the rear, bit hard to use them with a TV that way unless you are OK with getting up to adjust them.

They also have no built in source selection.

How do you feel about replacing them for something like Edifier R1850DB or R2000DB which have source selection and optical input?

Using adapters you can get latency issues for audio and video of the TV if you go wireless. And wired, you would need an optical to analog adapter for the TV, then use a source switcher for that and the turntable.

Or get a soundbar for the TV, small and can find them used for pretty cheap with good enough quality. I've always liked the Vizio soundbars for price/quality, I have owned two and both were very good even when comparted to the better known brands like JBL, Sony at double the price. Last one I got used with a wireless sub and rear speakers for $80. Sure you won't get the same musical detail and crispness that your A2 speakers would have, but it will be good enough that you won't notice anything as worse, it will be more than good enough to use.

Solution
Mar 9, 2021
Or get a soundbar for the TV, small and can find them used for pretty cheap with good enough quality. I've always liked the Vizio soundbars for price/quality, I have owned two and both were very good even when comparted to the better known brands like JBL, Sony at double the price. Last one I got used with a wireless sub and rear speakers for $80. Sure you won't get the same musical detail and crispness that your A2 speakers would have, but it will be good enough that you won't notice anything as worse, it will be more than good enough to use.

It seems like this is the best course of action - is there any specific Vizio soundbar that you'd recommend?

It seems like this is the best course of action - is there any specific Vizio soundbar that you'd recommend?

Depends on your room layout, really anything is fine, even without a sub they sound good. The first one I has was their lower end model and it sounded way better than the TV speakers even then. I think I got that for like $30 used, for about an $80 model. If you want something with a sub and rear speakers for good movie experience, I have an older version of this and like it quite a bit https://www.vizio.com/en/sound-bar/s-series/SB3651n-H6 Just keep in mind if you have neighbors using a sub may not be a good idea unless you want to get them angry hehe.