I normally use my laptop to run a two-screen (one monitor plus laptop screen) setup for work (office, cloud programs and Google Chrome, mainly). It's hooked up at home all day, but decent battery life would be nice. No gaming. Touchscreen would be ideal if I'm going to invest in an upgrade.
I have a Lenovo z50-75 59426421. It runs pretty good, but it has an awful battery life (90 minutes), lacks the sex appeal of a MacBook, and can get a little sluggish randomly.
* * *
1. What is your budget?
Doesn't matter a ton. The least needed to get the job done. I can wait a little longer if it makes sense to spend more, but I don't want to drop $2,000 just to get something more powerful than I need. I want zippy, but again, no gaming and no real graphic work (basic Photoshop that any new laptop should handle).
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I like my 15" screen, but can go smaller. I'd prefer the larger of the two (Book and Pro 4).
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Higher is better, no?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Need - 3 hours at this point would be amazing. Used to 60-90 minutes.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No games. Well, Age of Empires 1?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Basic Photoshop. 3D Book Renders being most complex job. Sometimes, video creation with Camtasia Studio. This isn't a normal activity though.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I can move files into the cloud outside of the core programs I need on my system -- Office, Chrome, security programs, etc.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I like to have a CD Burner but I don't *need* one.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Microsoft - I'd like to support their new move into hardware and believe they're on the right path with Windows 10. Tempted to get a Mac but don't quite want to make the transition as a lifelong Windows user.
13. What country do you live in?