Power woofer connection to pc

Jul 29, 2018
I have a power woofer model og 5050 seems old and dont know how to connect to my pc and it does not use rca it uses aux cable or a 3.5 mm jack. Please help thank you

Solution
You should be confused because the woofer isn't labeled or color coded clearly.
The back of the woofer has 4 inputs labels A (light blue), B (green), C (orange), and D (black).
Normal PC audio outputs are lime green for L-R front, orange for center-sub, and black for L-R surrounds.
The only way to find out how to connect it is trial and error.
Use the lime green 2 channel front output of the PC and connect it to each input. All the satellites have to be connected.
Turn off the sub when you make a connection and start with the volume turned down so you don't damage anything.
This is a simple matter (for us who do this all the time) of getting the right cable.

The PCs I've seen all use 3.5mm jacks for sub-out, maybe monophonic (plug with 2 collars), or stereo (plug with 3 collars, a sub-center combo).

If your PC is indeed using RCA sub-out as u suggest then all you need is an RCA TO 3.5mm MONO cable.

You should be confused because the woofer isn't labeled or color coded clearly.
The back of the woofer has 4 inputs labels A (light blue), B (green), C (orange), and D (black).
Normal PC audio outputs are lime green for L-R front, orange for center-sub, and black for L-R surrounds.
The only way to find out how to connect it is trial and error.
Use the lime green 2 channel front output of the PC and connect it to each input. All the satellites have to be connected.
Turn off the sub when you make a connection and start with the volume turned down so you don't damage anything.

Solution