PowerA's MoGa Turns Phones Into PS Vita and DS Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I'll stick to my trusty PS Vita or 3DS. Why? You won't get the same titles on an Android. Uncharted, Mario, Super Smash Bros., Zelda, Resistance, etc.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
1. Yes, a standard on how game controllers should work on Android.

2. We need also high classed games on our Android mobile gadgets the good ones available are NOVA3, Shadowgun, etc. I am looking forward also for NAMCO, Capcom and other companies to join :)

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Doesn't microUSB provide HID that includes gamepads?

I would love standard on input and output.
But seriously just add USB to android phones.
(The normal USB.)
Add batteries to the MoGA so it can power the phone and you have a very compelling gadget.
Maybe make it so it can be used with normal computers as a gamepad too.

Just my 2 cents.

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]I'll stick to my trusty PS Vita or 3DS. Why? You won't get the same titles on an Android. Uncharted, Mario, Super Smash Bros., Zelda, Resistance, etc.[/citation]

You could make the same argument for any dedicated console or machine. Everything has title-exclusives, including Android (some of which, are actually quite good). But some of us want the Android experience, but with dedicated buttons. Also, it's nice having a unified device-- I'm all for combining the functionality I need into one hand-held. If the Vita could make phone calls or run productivity software and specialized applications like Android phones do, I'd probably be all over that (despite it's bulky size).

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
It is a neat device and sadly even has the second analog stick which Nintendo still lacks.
I think this is a very good thing for gaming if it catches on. Handheld quality controls mixed with a open market means both pro and indie devs can utilize it. With how fierce competition is when it comes to mobile gaming we can expect to see some pretty awesome games be made compatible with this device and for extremely cheap.

Things will get even more interesting if Google purchases buys PowerA and lets Android partners sell their Android devices bundled with it. Make a tablet version too and let the partners refit it to their specific tablet design and then you have a really big threat to the handheld consoles.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
If it cost $20 or less then I would get one. other than that, I am sticking with using my bluetooth PS3 controller which already works with most android games and cost $25 new (though the sixaxis function doesn't work, everything else works fine)
(great for when you want to play a game or 2 while waiting for your next class)

The graphics capabilities of a modern tablet or smartphone already beat the DS and even the PS vita. The problem is when just basic use (answering a few phone calls and doing some texting, a modern smartphone will not make it through the day on a single charge

Imagine trying to game on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.