PR Experts Say iPhone 4 Recall is 'Inevitable'

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mook33

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
The phone should work out the gate, but really...who buys a phone that expensive (all smart phones -- not just the iphone) and doesn't want to protect their investment? I had my phones in a case the moment I lifted them out of the purchasing box. I see plenty of people who don't use cases...but knowing my dumb-ass self ... it's only a matter of time until I drop it. Then consider than I'm not much dumber than the rest of the population, and it seems kind of important to put your phone in a case (regardless of make/model).
Just my opinion...but a cheap case fixes the iphones problems -- which I'd have it in one anyway [if I had one].

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Why doe they suppose to care for recalling.
If the people keep buying the product, there is no reason for recalling.
People need to be reeducated, not to buy any high priced garbage sold by apple.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
They should but they won't. "Apple Almighty" will try to blase it's way through this. I think they are playing with disaster on this issue.

codewarriorfx

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]that means Steve The Omnipotent is WRONG and HE's NEVER WRONG....[/citation]

Initially, due to the antenna issues, he showed wrong how to hold a iPhone 4 and later he told consumers: "Just don't hold it that way" LOL!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i still find it odd that they had so many of the bumpers that fix the problem made.. now i get that they woudl be like any other phone on launch date have the acessories on sale and thus have some bumpers made.. btu that they have so many already in stock just seems liek they knew about the problem and were wanting the $29 extra revenue

daveola

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
I keep seeing all these comments about putting a "bumper" on the phone to stop the problem with signal loss. Why in the hell should I HAVE to put a bumper or buy a case for a phone to make it work like it's supposed to !? I still have my 3G iPhone and have never had it in a case and don't plan on ever having a case for any other phone I buy. This is one of the many problems with this country these days. Be it politics, consumer purchasing, or anything else, we have become too eager to accept everything that is thrown at us even though we use OUR hard earned money to buy it. I was going to buy a new iPhone until I learned of the problem. Unless Apple FIXES the problem I will just as happily go to a new Droid OS phone and never look back at Apple again.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]While they should do a recall, they won't. As mentioned previously in comments, very few people are aware of this issue, as very few of Apple fans are actually "tech-savvy".[/citation]

One of my relatives mentioned the apple reception problem to me the other day. She is over sixty, and although knows more about computers than the average sixty year old, is by no means tech savy. I remember when she mentioned it, I couldnt believe that she had heard. It must be a well known problem for her to chime in on it.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Apple will create the iPhone 4 rev b or something similar where they fix the problem. Then they will tell consumers that they can trade in their original iPhone 4 for the new revision, with additional cash, if they wish...

That's what I'm betting. No recall. They don't want to admit that there's a problem and they will stick to it.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
news flash if Apple cared about their image, they'd drop the worst service provider out of all of them. Even my Cricket phone, which is 3/4th cheaper than Apple every month (40 bucks w/ unlimited everything, including inet access with no cap). ATT's service is a J O K E. Not to mention they have a govt contract to snoop on every form of communication(and record it) that crosses the internet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A The recall is never coming, which means yet another reason why all analysts are absolutely clueless. They get paid to guess an industry they know close to NOTHING about.

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Apples never going to recall the iphone 4, all they'll do is keep making excuses and moving the goal posts. Steve Jobs and apple are more arrogant than Microsoft and thats saying something.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
The recall should have been done already or some restitution action that regains consumer faith. Ignoring the issue and changing how many bars are displayed does nothing to solve it.

For those who think iPhone users are ignorant, I have yet to meet an iPhone 4 owner who is unaware of the antenna issue. Stereotyping is another form of name calling and pretty useless in these technical forums except for trolling of course.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
According to Steve Jobs. Everyone is holding the iphone 4 all wrong. It's not a design flaw but a user flaw. Use Bar-B-Q tongs when holding it. the metal might boast your signal lol. Jobs=Joke

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Why anyone would buy an iPhone 4 instead of an HTC Evo is beyond me. It is technically superior in every single way.

And also, you can hold it however you want!

G

I hate blogs. If you don't like Apple buy something else. There are plenty of options. I've had my phone since 6/23 and it's awesome. I'm left handed and I didn't notice a thing with my reception. I read these comments and think blah blah blah. Seriously people who cares it's just a damn phone. I don't need experts to tell me whether or not it works. The thing is fantastic! Kicks the 3G's ass by the way eddieroolz.

G

This just in... Apple issues a recall of the customers that bought iPhone 4s. A partial lobotomy will be performed at no charge to the customer. The fix will result in either the inability to notice the lose of reception or inability to hold the phone. While there is no issue with the phone, Apple is offering the free surgery to demonstrate it's commitment to its loyal customer base.

codewarriorfx

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
[citation][nom]noodlegts[/nom]Why anyone would buy an iPhone 4 instead of an HTC Evo is beyond me. It is technically superior in every single way.And also, you can hold it however you want![/citation]
Except screen resolution, iPhone 4 is 960x640 vs EVO is 800x480

Status
Not open for further replies.