Pre installed windows 10 on acer aspire genuine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieluna11

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
Last September 13 2017 I bought an acer laptop.
But out of nowhere after I used it for 3 days , My laptop suddenly become so slow so I decide to install a new windows 10 that I got from the microsoft website. Can I recover the genuine copy before?is there a way ?
thank you.

Solution
Finally I got an answer on how to retrieve the genuine copy of my windows.
I only bring my os back to its original version (windows 10 home single language edition)
and it doesn't ask for any serial.
The serial was activated through digital license.
Thanks for all the help.!

gaius_iulius

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
If you have created a System Restore point prior to re-installing Windows, or if you have made a recovery USB flash drive, you can restore from there.

If not, the system has probably created a restore point automatically ... check the list of available restore points in your Control Panel > System > Advanced System Options.

In any case, your current Windows version is genuine, too ... you've downloaded it from Microsoft and it uses the OEM license key stored on your motherboard for activation.
The only difference is that now it doesn't have any more Acer bloatware.

Cheers,
Gaius

robbieluna11

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017

I'm sorry for the negative vote I'm just a beginner here I thought it was the key for the reply.
To make it correct I didn't download the software (OS) from microsoft I just download it from a website.
I also use a crack to make it activated. I've noticed that it slows down my computer.
Is there anything that I can do to bring back the genuine copy of my windows 10?thank you

ccampy

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
If you are having to use a crack it's quite possible the version you are using is full of malware slowing down your system

Who the manufacturer for your laptop ?
As they likely included a hidden recovery partition with Windows files on so you can restore it to factory settings

USAFRet

Illustrious

Was this a brand new system?
Was it activated before?

Go direct to Microsoft, and create a valid Win 10 install DVD or USB. Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Boot from what you create
Wipe the entire drive during the install
Install the OS
When it asks for the license key, Skip
Assuming this system had a valid OS originally, and it was activated...it should reactivate itself.
If it did NOT have a valid OS before...time to buy one.

robbieluna11

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017

This is brand new system and I activated it after I purchase it.
Now I will try to do that
I contact acer then they told me it is impossible for me to retrieve the activation since I installed a new one
then they told me there's an additional payment if they will rebuild the said genuine copy
Also in the second option If I will buy a new one?is it unlimited to use?
What kind of windows they installed in their laptop why they can't provide any product key since the copy is genuine?
thank you please give me a clear view of it.

robbieluna11

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017

Do you mean the recovery partition?
I also ask them about that but they told me that there's no hidden recovery partition for my laptop and I also tried to look for that restore point but it doesn't show anything just the latest one I installed.

USAFRet

Illustrious

By installing whatever hack/crack thing you found, you wiped out all existence of the original OS.
Go to the MS site I linked above, and create your own OS install.

Boot from that and install.

The system should activate itself. Should.

When the system was brand new, it almost certainly had the option for you to create your own Acer Factory Recovery DVD or USB set.
Of course, no one ever does this.
After the fact, Acer will sell you what you could have made for free.

robbieluna11

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017

I can see a recovery partition here and its almost 1gb.
is it possible that the genuine copy is stored in this recovery partition?
Do I need to stick to windows home since the original os that was built in my laptop is windows home.
I will update you on what would happen after I do your advice.
Thank you so much

USAFRet

Illustrious

It is possible. 1GB sounds rather too small for a full recovery partition, but try it.
And yes, you need to stick to Win 10 Home. You don't have a license for anything else.

robbieluna11

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017

Is it also necessary to install the old version of windows 10 home in my laptop?or any version may do as long as its windows 10 home thank you. I also try to visit this site but everytime I input my laptop serial or SNID it only says We could not find the serial number you entered

I recommend you download Microsoft's Windows 10 media creation tool in the following link. You will need to have a USB flash drive or a blank DVD in order to create the installation image. If your Acer laptop does not have a DVD drive, then do not bother creating a DVD install disc.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Skipping the technical information, when Windows 10 is legitimately installed on the laptop, the code to activate Windows 10 is stored in the laptop's BIOS chip. Therefore, installing Windows 10 using Microsoft's tool should automatically activate Windows 10. However, because you used a crack to activate Windows 10, that code may have been overridden. In that case you either need to speak to Acer and purchase a recovery disc from them, or you need to purchase a legitimate copy of Windows 10 from places like Newegg or Amazon. It should come on a USB flash drive.

Assuming Windows 10 is genuinely activated after it is installed using the Microsoft Windows 10 media creation tool, then you will have a partially usable laptop. It will not be fully functional because the laptop will not have all of the hardware drivers that Acer has developed for your specific laptop model. For example, the ethernet and Wi-Fi will likely not work because the drivers are missing. That means you cannot go on the internet.

You basically need to download all of the Acer drivers for your specific laptop from a different PC / laptop and either save them to a USB flash drive or burn them onto a blank DVD disc (assuming your laptop has a DVD drive). Then you can install the hardware drivers to get your laptop fully functional again.

robbieluna11

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017

I already did what advised I got from the answers earlier and I think now its impossible for me to retrieve the genuine version.
Is it safe to use a crack version instead for the meantime?
whats the advantage of having a genuine copy?
I already talked with acer about this matter then they told me I need to pay them since they will rebuild my laptop.
I only feel sad because I am not aware of these matters since I'm using a windows 7 for long time.

Then your only course of action is to send the laptop back to Acer so that they can rebuild the laptop for you.

If you have any future issues, then please comeback to this forum for help before doing anything rash.

robbieluna11

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
I was a little bit confused .
If ever I brought this to acer then they rebuild my laptop.
How come that they don't have any serial key for windows 10 home?
IS that what you call the OEM?
and one more thing is it safe to have a recovery?

robbieluna11

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
Finally I got an answer on how to retrieve the genuine copy of my windows.
I only bring my os back to its original version (windows 10 home single language edition)
and it doesn't ask for any serial.
The serial was activated through digital license.
Thanks for all the help.!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.