Premiere Pro Crashes computer during render

69ingChipmunkzz

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
When ever I try my 3 and a half minuet video, Premiere crashes the whole computer. It just freezes.
I was monitoring my temps when this happend. My CPU was at 31.4C and my GPU was at 25.C
So none of them were over heating!
My CPU is overclocked, a fx4100 to 4.2ghz but even when I try and render it with out the overclock it freezes without heating up!
HELP!!!!

UpDATE; So I tried it again and it froze once again, i took a picture of my temps and stuff
[/img]http://imgur.com/UcbVgjR[/img]

What version of Premiere Pro are you using? What sequence settings are you using and what type of file (avi, mpeg, etc.) are you trying to render? Are you rendering the file or attempting to export it? If rendering, are there any effects applied?

69ingChipmunkzz

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

cs6
720p video- i cant access the document at them mement.
I was exporting it to Windows Media- or what ever it was called- i tried avi aswell
there were special effects aswell.

When i copied the project over to Sony Vegas via After Effects, it still crashed

What type of graphics card do you have? Check the settings to see if it is using hardware or software for rendering. You can try looking at Project>Project Settings>General>Video Rendering and Playback. If you have a supported CUDA card your choices will be 1) Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration... and 2) Mercury Playback Engine Software Only. Try switching the settings to see if that helps. If you only have the second choice you could try this:
1) Edit
2) Preferences
3) Memory
4) Optimize rendering for either Performance or Memory.
Try switching that option and see if it makes a difference.
How did you copy the project over to Vegas via After Effects? As an AE project file or an exported video clip?

69ingChipmunkzz

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

HD7870

I just selected all the video> Replace with After Effects composition> i then renderd it as a seperate AVI file in AE then placed that file in Vegas

I have had some difficulty with the exported AVI files in After Effects. Try exporting as a different format and then try bringing it into Vegas.

69ingChipmunkzz

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I can't check now because. I fucked. Up my bios
As soon as I get it back and running I'll check.
They sound like good tips, thanks

69ingChipmunkzz

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I figured it out
I was using a PSD document for the aspect ratio bars, this is apparently a big no no for video editing.
i got rid of the psd and now am using Magic Bullet Frames, success!