prepaid data vs share everything data with Verizon whats the different?

Cameron Dunn

Honorable
May 12, 2013
Ok I am confused, what is the difference because I signed up for Verizon regular phone, with 450 mins and unlimited text. A few months later Verizon came out with this 35$ prepaid unlimited text and mobile web thing, so what is the difference, because they look like they getting a better deal, because i am paying 49$ for 450 min and unlimited text, and there paying 35$ for unlimited text and unlimited mobile web.

So is there any difference between the two? I am just asking because I am just looking to go on google maps cnet weather channel and thats all

I have an lg env touch phone that I will use this for.

Is there an difference or is it truly unlimited mobile web for them.

I am just mad, because they can go on the internet as long as they want and not get capped, but if I go on the internet i get charge like 5 or so per mb

To think I was thinking about sprint, now sprint is looking like an good option.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
The other plan likely doesn't include any airtime (minutes).

For example with Telus (the carrier I'm with here in Canada), they have a $20/month unlimited texting plan with a small amount of data, and another $20 plan with unlimited texting and 200 minutes. The latter doesn't include data usage, and thus every megabyte you use costs money out of your prepaid balance.

It's smarter, IMHO, to get the one with the data. It depends on your personal needs. I barely use my phone for anything but texting, so to be able to check my Facebook once or twice a day, make a few Google searches, and text is all I need. But if you like to actually chat on the phone it would be smarter to go with that.

Also, a lot of carriers allow you to purchase a standalone data add on, on top of your current prepaid plan. Say you have the plan I mentioned above, for $20 with no data. If you wanted to, you could spend another $10 and get a gig of data for the month as a standalone, too.

Of course in the States, data plans are dirt cheap compared to Canada. So it would be smart to do some research and try to find out what would suit you the best. Go to the store and talk to a sales person if you have to.

Cameron Dunn

Honorable
May 12, 2013
thanks everyone who replied, becuase i was mad becuase verizon is giving there prepaid customers more than me and im under contract, once my term is up im thinking bout switicing to Sprint, becuase i looked at the coverage maps it looks to be the same

and on verizon side was looking at the prepaid vs postpaid maps and it appears that they get the same coverage area i am getting

The $35 plan is limited to only basic 4 phones; LG Cosmo 2, Samsung Gusto 2, Samsung Intensity III, and LG Extravert. They are rather basic phones that cost from $50 to $70 I think. None of them are Android smartphones. Like I said they are basic phones.