President Obama Announces Video Game Contest

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Just reminds me of that scene in Gladiator.
Games. One hundred and fifty days of games. He's cleverer than I thought. Clever. The whole of Rome would be laughing at him... if they weren't so afraid of his praetorian. Fear and wonder-- a powerful combination. You really think the people are going to be seduced by that? I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob.
Conjure magic for them, and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom, and still they'll roar.

cronik93

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]mRThix[/nom]How about investing money into the public school systems for better teachers and overall quality of education?[/citation]

You deserve 20 thumbs up.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]In a speech to the American Medical Association in Chicago, President Obama mentioned video games as a factor in unhealthy, sedentary lifestyles.[/citation]

That's funny, I thought just plain being an American is a factor in unhealthy, sedentary lifestyles?

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Dammit, with 100K he could have very nearly paid two teachers for a single year. Let's pretend like this is anything more than a negligible sum that would make even the slightest difference if invested elsewhere in the education system.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
...and proves there is no demographic he is not willing to fellate...

Do something of use Barry... This is not the CHANGE we all wanted.

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Amazing how people get all worked up over 100 grand. Just a shilling out the government's pocket. Besides, stuff like this is helping the economy because it gives people a reason to develop skills. The economy is in bad shape because there are a lot of dumbasses in this country that never developed any skills. Stop blaming Obama.

crazitrain02

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
[citation][nom]mRThix[/nom]How about investing money into the public school systems for better teachers and overall quality of education?[/citation]
We don't need better teachers, we just need to let them actually TEACH instead of what Bush administration is forcing them to do. It's sad that our education system is crap and even the teachers hate it. They want to teach students, but if the students don't pass a test then the teacher is in trouble instead of the student. I remember if you couldn't get something because you were too lazy to do your work then you were held back, but not anymore even the lazy kids get to go to the next grade not knowing a damn thing.

Aintry

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]applegetsmelaid[/nom]The economy is in bad shape because there are a lot of dumbasses in this country that never developed any skills.[/citation]Yeah, I guess all of the skilled people just left the country after the markets collapsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS