Price and product search engines for laptops in the USA?

DavidDD

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Hi there,

I'm looking for a good product (laptop) search engine for merchants in the USA.

I know that there is http://stores.tomshardware.com/ but when I for example set filters for a price range from 585$ to 845$, which should be round about 450€ to 650€, and add 17" or lager I only get 4 laptops and none of them with a decent graphic card...

If I try the same in one of my favourite price search engines I know from europe I get 185 (!!) laptops and now I have a lot of more filters and can pick only such with a special graphic card for example (see this link: http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/ProductCategoryFilters/3751F205900-1039484.html#Preis )

Unfortunately the european search engine doesn't help much if the laptop needs to be shipped in the USA which is the case. I also failed by trying to find a merchant who offers shipping in the USA for a laptop I found on the european site. It looks like the models for europe are not available in the USA (an interesting pick for me would have been the Asus X75VB-TY038H for example).

So besides stores.tomshardware.com I tried bestbuy.com, pricewatch.com, pricegrabber.com and google.com/shopping but none of theese seems to have only a fractional amount of products I'm used from european search engines...

Am I missing something? Where can I find something comparable to the filter features and product amount of idealo.de in the USA?
Or where should I start looking for a notebook in the price range 585$ to 845$ with a class 2 graphic card (measured after this list: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.130.0.html ) in the USA?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and best regards

Solution
Best to not use such a seach engine. I have never seen one that is decent. I would just search on Ebay, Newegg, Amazon, Tiger Direct, Tech Bargins, and Google and take the best you can get from there.

Usually Amazon, Ebay, and Tech Bargins are a little harder to search though, so I tend to use Tiger Direct and Newegg and find a good system at a decent price and search it up else where. Then again I did find my laptop on Ebay and didn't expect too.

This is still probably your best bet. Or you could just ask the forum to find a laptop for you that meets what you want in it. You will find lots of people who will help in that situation.

IInuyasha74

Honorable
Best to not use such a seach engine. I have never seen one that is decent. I would just search on Ebay, Newegg, Amazon, Tiger Direct, Tech Bargins, and Google and take the best you can get from there.

Usually Amazon, Ebay, and Tech Bargins are a little harder to search though, so I tend to use Tiger Direct and Newegg and find a good system at a decent price and search it up else where. Then again I did find my laptop on Ebay and didn't expect too.

This is still probably your best bet. Or you could just ask the forum to find a laptop for you that meets what you want in it. You will find lots of people who will help in that situation.

Solution

DavidDD

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Thanks for the quality feedback!

I was able to find a Laptop which matches my expectations within my price range on Newegg in no time (Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 (59387522))!

But really a pity that there are no good price search engines in the USA; they are a great tool for customers when they have good filters and are broadly used by all merchants. I guess there are some more things than I would have thought you have to get used to as immigrant ;-)