Prince of Persia Movie Trailer is Action-Packed

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

cant wait to see this , I loved the sands of time series

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I think the story line is kind of going to be rushed and wierd. This is because the tralier has aspects of all three of the games. There the dagger of time story line from the first one. His outfit is from the second game.the whip and the infection is from the dark prince from the third game s the dark Princes whip and infection

G

Lived the sands of time game!
It'd be nice if the movie had lots of those acrobatics jumping from extreme high buildings and walls like in the game!

Can you believe that PoP Sands of Time was one of the only relatively modern DX9 games I could run on my Intel GMA950 /945GM chipset?
Intel was good enough to run the game at 800x600 pix or 1024x768pix @ lowest graphics settings!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]@deadlockedworldIts an American movie so of course its going to have american actors.[/citation]Keep your ridiculous, crude humor to yourself.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I never played all the way through the sands of time, but I do remember it having awesome slow-motion attacks.

Without remembering very much of the story line, I have to say that the trailer is impressive. I don't care too much for jake gyllenhall, but maybe he can do a good job. I'm sure it will be better than him playing as a cowboy...

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Ah, Pirates Of The Caribbean meets The Mummy! Seriously though, anything with Bruckheimer behind it can't be too bad. I also like the hottie held over from The Mummy. Ooof. In any event, the current fad of making movies from video games is one of those things you either love or hate. I'm of the former, as my DVD/BD collection shows. Okay can we get a Half Life movie next, PLEASE?

Horhe

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2008
My opinion:
- should have used arab actors;
- should have followed only the story from the first movie; they could make movies in which the action takes place in a building (Die Hard), or even a phone booth (Phone Booth), why couldn't they make the movie take place in a castle, like in the game?
- from all the actors, Jake Gyllenhaal???
- I bet it will be a mediocre action movie, like the third Pirates of the Caribbean.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I agree Horhe forget the lame directors who cast white actors in a non caucasian plot. How insulting to any true movie goer. Plus ya got that broke back mountain humpin dude in there!! Obviously little to no research done. Why not put Denzel Washington, Eddie Murphy or Jamie Foxx. Yeh their black but if we can give them long hair, fake middle east accent and clothes to match .....it could work!! Yeh movie goers aren't smart enough to figure it out. The movie is probably going to be good but the white actor is just embarrasingly insulting to American egalitarian mentality. Forgive my rantings.

zirbmonkey

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
If a tapdacing broadway Hugh Jackman can make a baddass wolverine, there's a sliver of hope for Jake Gyllenhaal to play a shifty cutthroat of a theif. The director better have put the whip to that boy to get some attitude out of him.

meewog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Bunz_of_Steel[/nom]I agree Horhe forget the lame directors who cast white actors in a non caucasian plot. How insulting to any true movie goer. Plus ya got that broke back mountain humpin dude in there!! Obviously little to no research done. Why not put Denzel Washington, Eddie Murphy or Jamie Foxx. Yeh their black but if we can give them long hair, fake middle east accent and clothes to match .....it could work!! Yeh movie goers aren't smart enough to figure it out. The movie is probably going to be good but the white actor is just embarrasingly insulting to American egalitarian mentality. Forgive my rantings.[/citation]

Dude you seriously need to go to start learning some stuff. I have been laughing at your post. You are saying no research was done on the movie, obviously buddy you don't know a thing about research! When the "f" was the Persian Empire Arabs? are you insane? its like saying the German are French! and all the other e-morons quoting you saying "yeah yeah we need to use Arab actors".

Let me just quote wikipedia about the word caucasian "Throughout its history, the Caucasus was usually incorporated into the Iranian world. At the beginning of the 19th century, the Russian Empire conquered the territory from the Qajars.[5]" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus.

But I think some of you have mistaken Prince of Persia with Prince of Arabia

Should be a crap movie though, same as the other game related movies i.e. mortal combat, doom, resident evil :D

Cheers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.