Pro-Copyright Musician Was Pirating Music

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
I am entirely and wholeheartedly in support of taking as much away from the music industry as possible - just the same way as they stole my money before the internet age, and continue to steal money from the "honest" people who are foolish enough to dish out $20 for CDs which cost less than 50 cents to make (including all the overhead costs, etc). I download classical music for the most part, and I am pretty sure Beethoven doesn't care...

Sushi Warrior

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
[citation][nom]MrSiko[/nom]This is brilliant. So she has openly admitted that she only made albums for money.Then it is such a relief that she will stop, leaves room on the shelf for us real musicians.[/citation]
Yep, same with those people who work for money. Why does anyone pay for anything anyways?

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
This will get me some thumbs down but i dont care.

I fully support pirating copy righted music. Im sick of this mass consumption music. And calling this music is like calling a McDonalds Cheesburger Gourmet. If more people pirate then the music industry will collapse and there will no long be "Getting Rich Quick" in the music industry.

The only people that will make music then is the people that really love it. The music industry produces garbage because people will buy it. Stop paying for garbage and they will stop making it.

rkaye

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
what we need is more laws passed that make it such that everyone is a criminal. more and more it seems that countries are composed of corporations and not citizens. let's outlaw breathing air too. that way we can walk around in fear of being arrested at any time for any reason.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Anyone remembering the South Park episode where Metallica was against music downloads... for a frigging bath in gold?

Well, it fit the picture pretty much...

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
[citation][nom]rkaye[/nom]what we need is more laws passed that make it such that everyone is a criminal. more and more it seems that countries are composed of corporations and not citizens. let's outlaw breathing air too. that way we can walk around in fear of being arrested at any time for any reason.[/citation]

I believe this is closer to the truth then to fiction. currently here in the US lawyers run the entire country. They arnt only on the Judicial Branch but also infest both the Legislative and Executive branches. How many of our presidential candidates in the last 5 elections have been lawyers? They have their own built in Lobby for their own special interest group.

Lawyers making laws to benefit lawyers.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
redgarl: thanks for reminding of that awesome southpark episode. I feel like watching it again tonight

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]The problem here isn't copyright but her congruency. Saying one thing and doing another is completely hypocritical.[/citation]I would agree with you except like I said 5 years is a long time to learn something. By you're and seems every ones argument I can hold you all accountable for believing in Santa Claus when you were 5. My argument is that people learn and change over time especially when they better educate themselves.

ailgatrat

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Hah! What a dumbass! She's preaching anti-piracy...but she's so desperate to sell more albums, she makes her music available online and wonders why nobody is buying it!!! Maybe she should have just put samples of her music online and then charged for the full downloads?

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]rainbowzone21[/nom]She lied but you guys are lying, too. Let's be honest. Why are you downloading music that you hate?[/citation]

You know there is more then Lilly Allen when it comes to music right?

jawshoeaw

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Think the hypocritical thing is a red herring - so what if it's hypocritical of her, it's still wrong to pirate music - there's no such thing as a free you know what and it's not OK to take sh*t that doesn't belong to you. How do people argue about the most basic rules of civilized society? So Lily Allen (who had at least two decent songs IMHO) posted music online without really thinking about what she was doing and then others illegally downloaded it. I don't know that she didn't pay for the music that she made her mixes out of, and even if she didn't, it's not against the law to make a mix tape of your friends' music. Of course it is against the law to distribute those mixtapes but distribution requires a party at both ends. I think Lilly Allen was acting like what she is: a young woman. Young men and women swap mix tapes. Woopty doo. Still, the law's the law - she should face the same that other "I didn't know any better" defendants, i.e. a nice fine, one that surely she can pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.