Problem after reinserting ram

Hisham Abdulsalam

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
I just removed back panels(laptop), removed ram and just reinserted it. Now it shows the blue screen when turning on(at the welcome screen). I thought ram became damaged due to esd, but memory diagnostic tool says its fine. Blue screen usually says "driver irql not less or equal" i can run safe mode but cant connect to internet. My lap is pretty old, acer travelmate 43310. Pls help me

Solution
Have you tried taking the ram out again and reinserting it?

Also, I'm not sure from your post what you have for the number of ram sticks or the number of slots you have for ram. If you have 1 stick of ram and 2 slots - try putting the ram in the other slot. If you have 2 ram sticks and 2 slots - try swapping the ram around to the other slots. Crazy at it may sound .... sometimes it makes a difference.

robert600

Distinguished
Have you tried taking the ram out again and reinserting it?

Also, I'm not sure from your post what you have for the number of ram sticks or the number of slots you have for ram. If you have 1 stick of ram and 2 slots - try putting the ram in the other slot. If you have 2 ram sticks and 2 slots - try swapping the ram around to the other slots. Crazy at it may sound .... sometimes it makes a difference.

Solution