Problem at booting

Chriss_2

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Hello,
my laptop is Samsung np-r580

the problem is that sometimes it boots up normal and some times(most of the times) it starts but black screen,,i need to press the power button like 5 times until it starts booting up normally

when it just starts with black screen , if i press the power button 1 time, after a few seconds it shuts off.

i even updated the bios ,,it had a very old one

any help to solve that problem?

ToxykVib3

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015
I've been in your shoes, it usually comes down to bios and a quick cleanup of the ram sticks. Do the following steps:

1- Disconnect your pc for the power outlet
2- open the case and take out the ram sticks carefuly not to touch the contacts.
3- grab some rubbing alchool (ethilic at least 90% pure) and a white rubber and two cotton swabs
4- start by carefully cleaning the ram sticks on both sides with the white rubber, you wanna do this carefully on both sides but you also want to rubb it properly, careful not to get any greese on the contacts.
5- after rubbing the ram sticks with the white rubber get the cotton swabs and place a little bit of alcohol on them and swipe the contacts on both sides with it, remeber to pass the dry side of the swab immediatly after passing the alcohol.
6- reapeat this for the remaining ram sticks and remeber to clean it really well and carefuly.
7- stick the rams in the dimms.
8- if you can access your bios battery its a good idea to pop-up the bios battery (the clock type battery) thus resetting it.
9- reset your conputer

Chriss_2

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

still the same

ToxykVib3

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015

hmmmm, weird. it may be hard drive related