problem in connection AVR with Projector and Soundbar

Dec 13, 2018
Hi
I want to connect my Bose 700 Soundbar to denon avr X250 Bt and a viewsonic projector. But the problem is How to take Audio out from the AVR. Because the Avr has one HDMI out and 5 in. I want to take audio out from soundbar and video from my projector by connecting blue ray to AVR in. I went with he the AVR because I have Cbl/sat, Bluray, and fire tv stick as input. But now I am very confused how to connect all of them. Someone please share some suggestion.

Solution
You have no real use for an AVR. All your need is an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. That will have an optical audio output for the Bose. Alternatively you could get a soundbar with multiple HDMI inputs and HDMI output for the projector.

jay.wooster

Great
Sep 27, 2018
Firstly, I presume by AVR you mean AV Receiver. If so,

You will need to use an alternate audio out source from your AVR such as an Optical cable to your soundbar. If your soundbar has an optical in (which most audio devices do these days) you should be able to run the optical cable from your AVR to the Soundbar and change audio out settings to select SPDIF or Optical as the audio out on one or all of your inputs (all if you want all your inputs to use the soundbar for audio). Likewise for video out settings you will select HDMI assuming its an HDMI cable running from your AVR to your projector.

I have a similar setup although i have both 7.1 surround speakers and smaller 2.1 speakers using optical out.

Dec 13, 2018

By Input selector you mean I need to buy a HDMI splitter with one input and multiple output ? Bose soundbar Itself has a optical input.

Dec 13, 2018

AV receiver has optical IN only and same with soundbar. I think as your suggestion I should take optical out from AVR and connect it to optical IN of Bose Soundbar ? The problem is AVR has just one Out with is HDMI ARC out. And if I connect Projector with it then where can I connect Sounbar.