Problem Regarding RCA Connections

pterwadkar

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
ok I will try to explain my situation here,,i have a sony bravia ex330 TV which contains only one Audio out(a 3.5 mm jack) and I just bought a Philips dsp2800 5.1 system which contains 3 i/p ports(3.5 I guess but they are definetly not RCA female ports) . The music system came with a RCA to 3.5 connector(connecter name is given as RCA to HP in manual..)the manual says that I will need three such connecters but the box contains only one connecter as standard cable.
Now the funny thing is if I use 'three' RCA(6 ports) to 'three'3.5 connecters(3 ports) how can I take audio output from TV as it only contains one 3.5 jack.???? I need 6 ports (3 Audio L/R) cables..so what to do???? I searched over internet and found that I can have a adapter with 3.5 to 'one' RCA ..but I want 'three'...how to do this???... should I split my connections into three and use 3 such adapters and then connect them to system???? can I get 5.1 sound with any such assembly???

Solution
Check your surround sound system manual. See if it's able to upscale a stereo audio signal to simulate 5.1 surround sound. If it can, then you should only need the one cable connection from the TV and the manual should tell you which input to use. If it can't, then no cable configuration your purchase is going change that stereo signal into a 5.1 surround sound.

-Wolf sends
Check your surround sound system manual. See if it's able to upscale a stereo audio signal to simulate 5.1 surround sound. If it can, then you should only need the one cable connection from the TV and the manual should tell you which input to use. If it can't, then no cable configuration your purchase is going change that stereo signal into a 5.1 surround sound.

-Wolf sends

Solution

pterwadkar

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
Thank you for your response,,,but I want to ask ,,is there any adapter that can convert HDMI to analog 5.1 sound?.... and can you please explain is there any difference between simulated 5.1 and the original 5.1????

There are probably adapters that will convert the digital HDMI signal to analog audio, but are likely to be rather expensive. Simulated surround will never sound as good as actual surround sound, but depending on the quality of the device, it may be very close.

-Wolf sends