Problem that made me build my own computer is happening again on the new computer

Zarotu

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
As a continuation of my old, unanswered thread, I am having a major issue here. There are times when my computer will freeze. What I mean by this is that programs will cease to respond. I can switch tabs between Google Chrome, yet when loading a web page, the loading circle continues to spin without anything showing up. Programs, such as Spotify, will be unresponsive, but can be minimized. Audio will continue to play, but now, there is a brief pause during each freeze.

What is going on?

cozmium

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
If you're genuinely saying every single component is new then it can only realistically be something you install (so it shouldn't be happening directly after an OS install) or something like a corrupt OS install cd assuming you used the same one.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Must be either software related,such as an anti virus working in the background,Norton is notorius for this,or your router is disconnecting from the internet for short periods or if you are using wireless to connect to your router it could be being affected by interference.

Zarotu

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

I am not using an anti virus and I doubt my wireless connection has any correlation to this as my previous computer had the same problem with the Ethernet cable.