Problem with dell vostro

soumiya

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I am using dell vostro 2520. all of a sudden a bend line appear on the laptop screen, it resembles as though a scratch has bee

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist using it.
- If the problem will persist on the external monitor that could only mean that the GPU is faulty.
- But if the display is normal on the external display that means there might be an issue with the built in display.
- Check the ribbon cables that connect the LCD to the motherboard if it's seated properly.
- Next is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver under Display Adapters.
- Once done, open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card. (Intel Graphics)
- Next is to download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=hd+graphics+3000 (Just select the correct OS)
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then observe if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work that means the GPU is already faulty.

soumiya

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

soumiya

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
Hello sir,
Thank you for the solution. I would like to know if I continue using the system in this way, is there any problem? Will this damage the GPU further?