problem with Lenovo Y gaming mehanical keyboard

salh.galal189

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
Hi.. i have a Lenovo Y gaming mechanical Keyboard .. i poured less than 10ml hot water in the macro buttons ( G1 ، G2 ، .... ) .. and now the keyboard is always write number ( 5) .. and when i press d itwrite ( d444444 ) .. and there is 4 buttons are low light and cannot turn off them ! .. please help me if u can

Solution
Well if you got any liquid in it, you shouldn't have it on until it has had a lot of time to dry. It sounds like the liquid was either more than you though, or that it got 'inside' the device to the keyboards components. This would explain the crazy key usage. The liquid is connecting different one together. You are lucky it hasn't fried anything since you have turned it on when there is still liquid in it.

Turn it off and let it dry out for a long time. Depending on how much really was there, I would start with 10 hours, and go from there. Yes, I know it seems long, but better to wait than kill the laptop.

NOTE: Be sure it is left 'off', as well as, unplugged and, depending on the full liquid amount, the battery may need removing...
Well if you got any liquid in it, you shouldn't have it on until it has had a lot of time to dry. It sounds like the liquid was either more than you though, or that it got 'inside' the device to the keyboards components. This would explain the crazy key usage. The liquid is connecting different one together. You are lucky it hasn't fried anything since you have turned it on when there is still liquid in it.

Turn it off and let it dry out for a long time. Depending on how much really was there, I would start with 10 hours, and go from there. Yes, I know it seems long, but better to wait than kill the laptop.

NOTE: Be sure it is left 'off', as well as, unplugged and, depending on the full liquid amount, the battery may need removing.

Once dry, then try using it again. If this still occurs, then I would start to wonder if there is more liquid in it, or if something got damaged.

Solution