Problem with Malware

cait_88

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Hi everyone, My apologies if I have posted in the wrong place . Im hoping someone can help me with a problem removing a Trojan malware that's appeared on my tablet. I have Avast for protection, but Avast says it can not remove it.
Avast says there's a threat found: com.lurker.goodluck . I have done a complete reset but it is still there? Its says its an app ? Im very confused and would be so grateful if someone could help.
It is present straight after I have done a reset.

Thank you :)

Solution

This solution might help
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/568001-how-remove-virus-my-tablet.html

You may need to do a factory reset so be sure to backup before doing so unless it brings the virus with it

cait_88

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Thank you cazauxx, I have installed Avira and done a scan, it came up with 3 malware which all 3 were removed easy. It didn't fined the one that Avast and AVG found. Should I be worried about this? Thank you for your help
:)

I have now found where it is located, its in apps with the green android icon ?

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

No problem,
Does the issue still persist?
Avast and AVG might have removed the other virus not found by Avira.

cait_88

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Both AVG and Avast said it could not remove it. AVG said it was because it was pre installed? I have located it and used disable. But it is still in the apps list with the green android icon? Both Avast & AVG kept coming up with a warning while I was using my tablet and the " com.lurker.goodluck " kept freezing my tablet. Sounds a bit silly but ive only just discovered my tablet is rooted ? :)

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

Do you know what the app is called?

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

This solution might help
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/568001-how-remove-virus-my-tablet.html

You may need to do a factory reset so be sure to backup before doing so unless it brings the virus with it

Solution

cait_88

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Thank you Cazauxx, I did a factory reset yesterday, but still having the same problem. All I have of SD card in Amazon Kindle, which I downloaded this morning. Could it be a false positive or something ?

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

Hmmm, that is very strange. I've never encountered malware that actually burrows into the software.

So just confirming when you go to settings, factory reset, etc is this "com.lurker.goodluck" installed automatically after a complete wipe? or does it come back when performing a restore backup.

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

What type of Tablet is it?

Call up the company and try get a replacement

cait_88

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Thank you, its an All winner GA1OH android 4.4.2 it was bought for me, I never really had a prob with this till recently.

I have just found an option to disable it ?
:)

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

Disabling it will be the best option

tag098

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
com goodluck lurker is a pre installed app and cannot be removed, it can be disabled but that does not solve the the problem the real problem is airpush adware attached to it and AIRPUSH cannot be turned off or removed by normal means ,you have to contact air push and get them to remove it ! AIRPUSH is no more more than a virus that soon I think will be treated as such, at the moment AIRPUSH is treated as perfectly normal adware and is increasingly being bundled by app developers to increase revenue if your tablet has..... goodlucklurker \airpush...as preinstalled app...... send it back it is not fit for purpose

tag098

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
adding to what I have just posted AIRPUSH adware will ......... hijack your browser......freeze your screen ......take over your screen with unwanted ads ....... slow your tablet and make your tablet unusable.

Piersante

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015
i had in my tablet G101-a33, probably same of yours. I had to root the tablet (it claimed to be rooted but actually wasn't) with kingo, then removed the app with System app remover with superuser privileges. I could also free a lot of memory, since my tablet only has 1g and was quickly filled up.

It will void my warranty, but it would be very difficult to find assistance for such a cheap gadget anyway.

Kingo was very easy and quick to use. Yust pressed "root again".
I don't know if kingo also automatically installs the windows driver: I had installed them previously from Allwinner ADB Driver.zip, can't remember where I did found it.
Hope this helps

tag098

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
i have just sent my xgody 10.1 tablet back to the factory for investigation , as after rooting on "advice from xgody" to remove "com lurker goodluck" /airpush adware the wifi failed to work and air push adware was not removed ...even when the app was removed...... very strange ... i will never buy another android device with airpush bundled adware installed !