Problem with my stereo system?

table1

Estimable
May 4, 2015
I have a yamaha receiver and uverse cable. I can be watching any channel (it doesn't matter which) and the sound is normal( going through all speakers) then all of a sudden it will go to the front right speaker and that is the only one. I can turn off and back on the receiver and it corrects itself. Any body no what's going on or how I can fix it?

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
If i had to guess, i would say its on the receiver's end. But without playing around with it that would be hard to pinpoint for sure. Have you tried other sources i.e. blu ray player, or gaming system and seeing if the problem continues in other inputs? If you don't have anything else to plug into your receiver change inputs for your hdmi/optical in on the receiver side.

table1

Estimable
May 4, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions. Here is the results: when I play the Bluray or anything else it doesn't switch to the right speaker. Tried swapping HDMI cables but that didn't change anything. Very strange!

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
If that's the case then it shouldnt be anything to do with your receiver. Can you try a different hdmi cable from your uverse box to receiver? Try that and see if the problem persists. If it does, then it sounds like it would be from the uverse box. If that is the issue call AT&T and have them troubleshoot the problem. They will probably just send you a new cable box